JP's finished V10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
JP66
New Poster
New Poster

JP's finished V10

Post by JP66 »

Got the V10 completed and to the wedding on time how ever it will not be launched until spring. If I can figure out how to get the pics here I will do so but until then they are in my albums.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: JP's finished V10

Post by ks8 »

The JP66 V10 album is linked here. :D

Here is a picture of the bow...

And interior...

8)

Noles309
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Noles309 »

Very nice, love the color and bright finish, very original.
Gary
GF-16 Completed

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

(Thanks for the link ks8.)

Very unusual!!
Is the fiddle on the after side of the front seat for decoration, or are those holes there to serve a function?
Quite creative 8) . Quite a serious rig to level the front seat. Won't work for me because...my boat is not level. But I'm using a similar process.

I really like the rub rail. I got something similar in rubber and rope from Hamilton Marine, I think it was.

Do you have any idea of the weight?
Tony

JP66
New Poster
New Poster

Post by JP66 »

Hi Tony,
I've been on hiatus, Your boat is coming along well. I was finally able to get some build pics up. To answer your last question about the fiddle. That piece is white oak, the holes are to let water drain off as well as aesthetics, the piece itself is to support the front seat. It is actually "L" shaped and goes under the seat to support it as well as going beyond the edge of the bow cut out on the inside to tie the frame together. I thought it necessary to maintain the strength of the bow frame.

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

OK, that makes sense. 8)
Tony