Doug's GV10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Doug's GV10

Post by gtcoupe »

WooHoo! Plywood arrived today, another GV10 in the works. Already have a good Yamaha 9.9 2 stroke that should work perfect on it. Due to having moved recently, all my tools are 60 miles away, but in the next few days I will be cutting and gluing. Can't wait to get started. Previously built a fl12 that performed beyond all expectations.
Completed: FL12 GV10
Next up: P19!
Doug

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: Doug's GV10

Post by ks8 »

8)

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

Got a little work done, sure is difficult to accomplish anything during the holidays! Still have a little adjusting to do, but I'm pretty happy with the way things are coming together.

Doug

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

That's mighty clean work. It's so different from mine that you wouldn't think that they are both in the same category of objects :oops: .
Tony

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

Tony, this is my second rodeo, you learn as you go. Your first effort looks so much better than mine. I built an FL12 a few years ago, and my only goal was to finish it as quickly as possible. That was one fugly boat, but it worked great. Now I'm retired and have time to *try* to do it right. Thanks to CL and a BUNCH of other guys on the forum for all the great tips and pictures.
Doug

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

It's true, there's a lot of great examples and info on the forum, not to mention smart guys who are generous with their help, without which I hate to contemplate what my boat would look like. I like to think that in the end the result will be respectable because I will have learned out how to keep my improprieties well hidden.
Tony

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

I'm envious of you guys in the south. This is what we have to do up north to get epoxy to cure. Works pretty good though...

There's a 1500 watt heater under all that plastic somewhere. :)
Doug

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Memories.... NY, building in a tent within a tent, heating with work lights. Freezing and snow outside -- mid 50's or 60F under the lights. Enough for fast hardener. :wink: :) When I used the heater, it gave me bad dreams involving fire extinguishes. Prop the plastic away from it if you can. :)

Image1211

The cathedral gallery is here. :)

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

KS8, that "cathedral" is impressive. The way I'm doing it works, but is less than ideal. I'm careful to keep the heater a few feet from the tarps and wood, but it's a pain in the patootie keeping the plastic off my fresh epoxy. Just have to tape the transoms, and then I'll post a pic or two. Current overnight temps in the 20's but I'm able to get the temp under the plastic up to 70 or so, pretty ideal for my medium hardener.
Doug

gtcoupe
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gtcoupe »

I think it's officially a "boat" (once the epoxy cures). All seams taped inside & out.

Doug