Joe's V10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Joe's V10

Post by Joe H »

Well here we go again, the FS14 went to a good home for a great price, (pay it forward) happy new owner!

On to the V10, I just started putting pencil to ply and cut out the frames so not much picture worthy yet, I decided to just do the row boat version but I will reinforce the transom for a small outboard.
The boat will be primarily for the grandkids to cruise around in the canal behind the house and maybe venture out to the bay with me in the lead in the P19, this will be a good learning boat and something for my little crew to have fun in for many years to come.

Future V10 Pilots!

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Joe's V10

Post by Cracker Larry »

Little crew? You have enough there to start their own basketball team :lol:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cottontop »

Very fine "future boatmen" you have there Joe. Aren't grandchildren just the best! We now have four grandsons and one granddaughter. Appears she will be the last one and is the only girl on either side of the family. Hope you and all your family have a "Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year"! John

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Hey Larry, yep sure is quite around here, I bought a new snow blower and ice shanty this year so of course it’s been the mildest winter we have had since they have been keeping records,
Thanks John, yeah they are great I don’t know about basketball as Larry say’s but they make a good team, I have one more Granddaughter but she’s stay’s in Texas for the winters.

I cut the pieces for the V10 this past weekend but have a question, I still have the strong back with casters from the FS14 and I’m thinking about using it for the V10 instead of just building it on the floor, has anyone done this and if so how do I determine the angle for the transom?
The guys here at work are fighting over drawing up the bits and pieces on CAD so maybe I’ll just assemble it on CAD and try to find the answer there? (this is why cars cost so much)
By the way Jacques these guys are veteran Eng./CAD jockeys and they love your drawings!
Thanks
Joe H

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

For the V10, the transom angle is set by the side panels. The plans do not contain information for a jig.
The transom angle is 17.7 degrees.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Thanks Jacques,
I'll set it up on the jig just because I have it and it's on casters so i can roll it out of the garage while fairing.

Hopefully I will have something picture worthy this weekend!

Joe H

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

I bought a new snow blower and ice shanty this year so of course it’s been the mildest winter we have had since they have been keeping records,
If I lived anywhere I needed a snow blower and ice shanty, I'd move :help:
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

topwater

Post by topwater »

I did... :wink:
Novi 23 finally launched !

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Hey John, how's that working out for you? I hope to be down in the spring for 10 days or so, whats going on with that boat of yours??? We need pictures!

I sort of got started building the V10, modeled her up in CAD, not much going on at work today except a bunch of Christmas luncheons, Ford is a very diverse work place so there was some interesting food going around, lots of eating but not much work going on so I took advantage of the down time and built the V10 on CAD, didn't get it all done but here she is.

I hope I can get this far in reality in the next week and a half I have off.

Joe H

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

Very cool.
Tony