V-10

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V-10

Post by Beowulf »

Hey,

I was going to build the d4, but I changed my mind, and I am now going to build the V-10. Why? Because the V-10 has more fishing room.. I got the plywood, tape, roller, etc. However I need more epoxy so I might have to wait till it comes to start building. I still plan to mount a trolling motor on it until I can afford a 5hp regular motor.

Beowulf

Note: Please delete my D4 thread.

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

v-10

Post by Beowulf »

Well, my brother and I drew, and cut the panels. We also glued the butt blocks on today. We are hoping to stitch it on Sunday. Epoxy is the messiest stuff I have ever used. I almost ended up glueing my sock to the floor when I went down to close the windows.

Barney
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Barney »

Good to hear you're underway, Bewulf! Remember to take some pictures along the way so we can see where you're up to! Looking forward to seeing your V10 take shape.

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V-10

Post by Beowulf »

Thanks Barney,

We stitched the boat today, and filled all the tiny gaps with epoxy. It took us a while to get the steep curve at the bow, but we finally did.

Barney
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Barney »

I certainly had a bit of trouble getting all four panels of my V12 to fit together neatly at the bow as well. I ended up having to do a fair bit of fileing of the edges of the panels to get them to sit flush against each other. On one side, it just wasn't possible without unstiching the whole boat and recutting the panels, so I glued it all together and shaved off the overlapping bits of the panels with an angle grinder.

That's what I love about this type of boat building - no matter how bad a mistake you make (within reason), with a bit of time and thought you can always recover and end up with a good result!

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

v-10

Post by Beowulf »

Well,

Iv'e been working on fiberglassing the inside. I have gotten to the bow so far. I bought a 40lb. Minn Kota trolling motor today for the boat.

HokieBoatbuilder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by HokieBoatbuilder »

I think you can post your pictures now. Here are instructions on how to do it. http://64.251.22.171/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... to+gallery
Good luck fiberglassing.
-Taylor

FL14

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V-10

Post by Beowulf »

Hi,

I finished fiberglassing the inside. Tomorrow I plan to sand the outside and fiberglass it. I am hoping to get some pictures on here soon.

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V10 Pictures

Post by Beowulf »

Beowulf
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

V10 Pictures

Post by Beowulf »

Well , my brother and I sanded and fiberglassed the outside. Here are the pictures.