Vg20 finally underway

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Vg20 finally underway

Post by new to sail »

I assembled the bottom panels, wired and got them glued. Next I will add fillet and tape.
http://gallery.bateau2.com/profile.php?uid=5252

Lucky_Louis
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Lucky_Louis »

Looking great so far. This is the most exciting part, watching your new boat take shape before your eyes.

Your photo link will only work as long as your image is the newest one uploaded in the whole bateau2.com gallery. That's what the "....?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0" means. The correct link to this picture is

http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userp ... embled.jpg

The way I get this info is to open the photo in my gallery, right-click on it, select 'properties'. Then you can cut and paste this link between the URL html tags. If you want to display the image directly here in your post, use the Img tag instead of the URL tags. Like this -

{img}http://gallery.bateau2.comalbums/userpi ... d.jpg{/img}

which produces this when the correct square brackets are used ...

Cheers and build on, more pictures!
Image OB17 Splashed June 2007

Justin Pipkorn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Looks good

Post by Justin Pipkorn »

I don't see a frame forward around bulkhead B. This is a tricky part of the hull to get the right shape. I notice that you have a frame at the transom. This is a good idea. You may think that every panel is constrained by the frames but I found that a little 1/2 inch tweek forward would shift the panel 1/2 inch aft.
Justin Pipkorn
Vagabond+ Just Right
http://www.amateurboatbuilding.com/justright/index.htm
gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=1281
Otter/Lissa
gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=1197

new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by new to sail »

Thanks for the responses.

Louis:
My next photo I'll try to use your technique. When I used my Mac I could not get the picture properties. I see what you mean when I tried this with my windows laptop.

Justin:
I acually do have a frame at the B location as well as a brace at 0. The picture was taken just missing that view.
I do need to brace a couple of the frames better because when I got inside to clean up and remove ties I got some movement that may cause problems later.

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

On a Mac...

ctrl click on the image and you get a popup menu. Select the choice...

Open Image in New Window

Then, in that window that opens, copy the URL of that window. This would be the address that you paste in between the two IMG commands. As usual, one of several ways to do the same thing on a Mac. :)

new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by new to sail »

Thanks ks8.

You just made my day, I prefer my mac and plan on including more pictures.

RJ

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

You're quite welcome. And of course, I hope it is much more difficult to break your day compared to how easy it seems to *make* it. :lol: :wink:

Looking forward to the pictures. :)

new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by new to sail »

Slowly getting there, after a couple of rainy days, a dry spell let me proceed with another area to fibergalss.

I was hoping for a stretch of dry weather to finish the inside so I can begin placing the bulkheads.

RJ

new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by new to sail »

I am so addicted to this project.

During the week at work it seems all I can think about is the weekend and the next addition to the boat.

Here is my latest results. I can position, tack in place, then fillet and tape each side one bulkhead each weekend.

Rick
Last edited by new to sail on Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

new to sail
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by new to sail »

Slowly making progress, a few random shots of what I have been up to.

Also I had a nice visit with Justin and his lovey wife, Edith as they were headed north to a boat show. Justin had some nice things to say about my boat, but the thing that inspired me was the chance to see Just Right inside and out. A great boat that I hope I can some day duplicate.

Closing in the forward areas with lockers, have not painted inside yet or glued tops on yet

Seems like it takes forever to put the framing in place.

More framing under sole. I hope to paint and glue it on soon.

Everying seems to find its place

Interior look. I probably should find an area to work on and finish up but I get so anxious to see the next step I can't wait to see how it going to look.

RJ
Last edited by new to sail on Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.