PastorBob's GF-16 ***Rebuild***

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
PastorBob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

PastorBob's GF-16 ***Rebuild***

Post by PastorBob »

I am tired of waiting for the weather to break :x 3 months ago I ordered plans and epoxy, yesterday I went 200 miles to get my bs-6566, today I ordered my Glass.

So far I have laid out out 4 panels and plan to be cutting by this weekend hopefully I will not work to quick because there are only so many things I can do in the basement before i have to move to the garage which is still frozen (4 inches of snow tonight).
Last edited by PastorBob on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
... you thought epoxy was strong!
Romans 8:38-39

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Sorry to hear you're still snowed in. Good luck with the build. We're here when you need us.

Tim

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

If you are going to butt join the hull panels in the basement, keep 'em up off the floor (too cold on the floor yet?) and, of course, level and supported for the lamination butt block or tape, whatever that hull uses, and make sure the joined panels will make any turns to get to and out a window or up the stairs. Mine barely made the turn to get them out in spring to stitch them up in the tent. They would not make the turn for the stairs, but earlier measurement showed they had 1/8 inch room to spare to get out the window on a maximum diagnol. I know it is common sense that doesn't seem to need saying, but better said than having to *modify* a wall or window later.... I've heard some stories... intelligent people... embarassing way to *miss the mark*... :lol:

PastorBob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by PastorBob »

Gallery up although not many pics on yet. 2 panels left to layout. this boat is very easy to layout!

May God Bless you All...

http://gallery.bateau2.comdisplayimage. ... um=601&pos

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Prov 22:6 .... so I guess you'll have to find small sized respirators if they are going to help you fairing the hull? 8O :lol:

Enjoy the build! :)

rudar
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by rudar »

I know it is common sense that doesn't seem to need saying, but better said than having to *modify* a wall or window later.... I've heard some stories... intelligent people... embarassing way to *miss the mark*... :lol:
Yeah, wouldn't want to end up like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ZZ7IXugno

...."Well, there *was* a wife involved, but unlike the car, she fit out the kitchen door quite nicely. Fairly early on, in fact..."

PastorBob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by PastorBob »

that was really funny I miss watching that show I'm not exactly a car guy (I drive an 86 Volvo 740 wagon) and we have an explorer but i always liked that show! Great link Thanks....

I am not sure if i will laminate or not in the basement or not I have a strait shot out the back door up the stairs to the out side door and the panels are less than 2' wide. Perhaps Joel packed some Florida sun and warmth with my fiberglass order! Then I can move the project to the Garage and the walleye will start moving!!!

Rain, Shine, Cold, or Warm God is Good! To him be Praise!!

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Well I think the snow is done for now PastorBob, can't wait to hit those walleye in the Detroit river next month, St.Clair River after that.

You could alway's help me finish up my project, than we can start on yours! 8)

I see you have all the help you need, but I work right around the corner from you so feel free to give me a shout.

You where asking about my progress, check it out.
http://gallery.bateau2.comdisplayimage.php?pos=-11455

Joe

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Nice build job, Joe!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

PastorBob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by PastorBob »

Joe, I hope your right about the weather! we moved here last year and are tired of winter!!

So far no problems on the build I was going to look for you to see where you found wood I went to Albion, MI to get it price was about the same as here but no shipping.

I have been watching your gallery It is looking very good! If it where not for wanting a duck hunting boat I would be building an OD. I saw someone at a gas station a few weeks ago with a C-Dory 16 that was a great looking little boat!

Let me know when you plan to glass the bottom I can give you a hand, are you planing on taping and glasing at the same time "wet on wet" you look like you are getting close so let me know and we can do it!!!

I have only fished the Detroit, I have a guy in my church that is out there every morning jigging and hand-lining, I usually get out 1 to 2 morning a week during the season :P