Fs17 build in VA

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Fs17 build in VA

Post by colonialc19 »

Got my epoxy kit today and picking up my bs1088 in the morning, hope to be cutting out ply this weekend. Ive been looking at this site and hoping to build for about a year and a half now. Orignaly bought plans for C19, however buget at this time required something smaller ie. Fs17. The Fs17 looked like a boat I could mount a trollinng motor to and bass fish or take to the Cheasapeke Bay and flounder fish on a nice day, hope it goes as planned. Hopefully will be able to keep this thread up to date will some photos. Please wish me luck in my first time build, Daniel

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Welcome! You won't need luck, just a little fortitude. This isn't Black Jack :D If you don't know how to proceed, just ask.

The FS17 looks like a great multi-purpose hull. I might build one of those, too.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

timoub007
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by timoub007 »

Like Larry said, welcome.

Put your location in your profile so we know where you are building. That will help sometimes when people want to offer advice or lend a hand sanding. :D

Can't wait for pics.

Tim

TomW
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW »

Welcome, can't wait to see your progress. If you can't find an answer by doing a search or in the How To's do not hesitate to ask. Some of these guys are on thier 3-5th boats maybe more, and Jacque and Shine are always there to correct us when we are wrong.

Tom
Good fishing and red skys at night sailors delight
C17ccx, Mirror Dinghy

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

we should be seeing some FS17 pictures soon, I know of more than a few that have the materials :D

Joel

airman40
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by airman40 »

I'm thinking about making this my next boat, so I can't wait to see the images from this build as well. What sort of layout are you thinking of doing (console, benches)

David

muscrat100
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by muscrat100 »

Daniel

Good luck! I am in richmond and just finished a fs14 and use it on the james and down at the bay. My next build will probably be the fs17 as well so please post your progress.. Get in touch if you want to compare notes sometime.

Steve

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

My FS 17 will be starting in a week or two as well.
Good luck & keep posting as I am going to need all the help I can get,I think.

colonialc19
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by colonialc19 »

Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement. Picked up my ply on friday, however have had to work past couple of nights. Hopefully I can get my jig built this week and start butchering up my beautifull Okume. I have added my location to my profile Tim, and as of now I'm pretty sure I'm going with some sort of center console. Hope to post pictures of my completed jig soon.
8) Daniel

kgrover
New Poster
New Poster

Post by kgrover »

Daniel

I am pretty close to you and am in Colonial Heights quite often. I would be interested in stopping by and seeing your project. Am playing with the idea of building one myself.
Thanks Ken
Last edited by kgrover on Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.