dbldipper1 FL12

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

dbldipper1 FL12

Post by dbldipper1 »

I'm finally geting started on my FL12. My garage has been a storage shed for my son's furniture for over a year so had to get it moved. I bought a 4X8 trailer from Harbor Freight, put it together, emptied my garage, went to Pt Townsend Wa. and got some plywood, got home and took the sides off the trailer and raised the floor and am using it as a work bench. It could be a little higher so will work on that tomorrow. This old body doesn't like to work on the big work bench (floor) and would like it high enuf so I don't have to bend over all the time. I got side panels, bottom, transom (3 pieces) and frames measured and cut and glued and should start looking like a boat this week. I put a couple pics in the galleries. When I finish this project I will put the trailer back together and use it for a boat trailer.

Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

Hey dbldipper.....

Where did ya go? Kind of waiting to see your progress on the bateau.

Duke in Wisconsin

dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

dbldipper1 FL12

Post by dbldipper1 »

Inside of boat is all taped but not finished. Still have to work on seat tops and think about some floatation. Turned boat over and taped chines, bow and stern. Everything on hold now as it is salmon season in the straights of juan de fuca. Went for a week and caught a bunch of humpy's (pink's), one silver and a couple of kings that we couldn't keep (wild). The hook nose silvers should be in the middle of sept. so we are going back then. Guess the fl12 will be ready for next years trout season.

dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dbldipper1 »

Back to work on the FL12. Have finished the seat lockers and installed the rub rails. All the seats have lids that will be hinged. The bow seat will hold the anchor, middle seat fishing poles and tackle box and rear seat life jackets when not in use. I put two 1/4 in. rubrails on outside and one on the inside. I plan on running 6 gauge wired from the bow seat under the lip of the 1/4 in strip with clamps to the rear for the trolling motor. Don't want wires laying in the bottom of boat and across the middle seat. I have made the bow seat narrower than the plans and have an anchor locker in the bow and added a breastplate. I want to put an anchor-mate system on the stbd side and will run the rope from it to the bow under the 1/4 in strip on that side. Have started the fairing with quick fair. Nice stuff to work with.
http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userp ... ed%202.jpg[/url]

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Boat looks great :D

I envy the Salmon fishing. That must be a hoot, and one of my favorites to eat.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dbldipper1 »

Will try to get pic in message.

Dukydo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dukydo »

dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: dbldipper1 FL12

Post by dbldipper1 »

http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage.php?pos=-24819

I think I am finally finished for now. Only took 22 months but I am pretty happy with the boat. After the fishing season is over this year and befor winter I have some fairing issues and want to add floatation. But for right now it floats, doesn't leak and have caught a couple fish. Still can't get the pic thing figured out. I added some pics to builder galleries.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Here ya go, she looks great 8) Congrats, beautiful. You've been building this in steath mode :lol:

Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

dbldipper1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by dbldipper1 »

Thank you Larry appreciate the compliment