New Pictures

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

New Pictures

Post by bushmaster »

Happy New Year to you all.

Just posted some new pictures. Please comment

Thanks

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

Looks very nice.I like seeing the other FS17 pictures :D
you won't regret overbuilding the jig either.
Good luck,
steve

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Thanks Steve

I saw your boat last night, It's looking great.

You said that you used 3/4" ply for the transom. Did you have to make adjustments to the motor well sides or the length of the hull panels?

I am thinking of using 1/2" for the transom and clamping boards, this way I may not have to cut back on too much.

thanks for your reply

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Sorry

here is the link to my pictures

http://forums.bateau2.comthumbnails.php?album=751

Hope this works

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

bushmaster wrote:Thanks Steve

I saw your boat last night, It's looking great.

You said that you used 3/4" ply for the transom. Did you have to make adjustments to the motor well sides or the length of the hull panels?

I am thinking of using 1/2" for the transom and clamping boards, this way I may not have to cut back on too much.

thanks for your reply
I used 2 layers of 18mm ply for the clamping board, as I already had it,instead of 3 of 9mm & used 1 layer of 10 mm for the full transom. I just cut the cutouts in the motorwell sides 10mm deeper to compensate.the only meaurement that changed was that one. if you use 12mm(1/2) for the full transom instead of 3/8 I dont think it will matter.what does matter is that the total thicness of the transom including clamping boards is equal to or greater than that stated in the plans.fire away with trhe questions btw, I did, everyone here wants you to succeed.
I hope this helps,
Steve
steve

Lower
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Lower »

Dang...where are you located??? Your wearing shorts and we have 2' of snow on the ground with a high of 9 degrees today! hahaha. Puts a little damper on the boat building, but the skiing's been great!

Looks like things are coming out nicely for you. Look forward to seeing more. You'll probabaly pass me up in no time!

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Hey Lower and all

I am located in Homestead, Florida.

We had some cool weather here last night. went down to 27 degrees FH with the wind chill factor. My wife had to bring the chilly pepper trees inside the garage.

Nice tomorrow. 70 deg. may be I'll get some more done.

thanks guys

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Thanks Steve,

I am thinking of using throw away molds for every thing except the transom and clamping boards. Then use them as patterns to cut what is required for the console model.

Is this a good idea?

Has any one flipped an FS17 over as yet?, I would sure like to see the inside

steve292
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by steve292 »

If I was to start over I would use throwaway molds for everything except the transom, frame A & the stringers, you will save ply that way.the other permanent frames could be cut from less than one sheet I think.If you look in the gallery for Jimmac he has a flipped boat with a slightly modified bow sheer.
Steve

bushmaster
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by bushmaster »

Thank Steve

I cut out the bow mold yesterday, but the measurement from the keel to the DL is 3/4" longer than the measurement of the "A" mold.

I have measured and remeasured several times. Has any one have the same discrepancy?

Please help.