SB18Coral - Flipped the hull

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
marcelo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

SB18Coral - Flipped the hull

Post by marcelo »

Hello All.

Greg, I had told you that I was planning to do it at the end of the month, but I could not stop myself, this morning I decided to flip the hull. :)

See the pics at the link below:

http://sb18coral.zip.net/

All the best!!!
Last edited by marcelo on Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sngatlanta
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sngatlanta »

Congratulations Marcelo.
I took a look at your pictures on the blog and noticed something. The hull lamination schedule calls for fiberglass to the extent of the upper chine. It appears you glassed to the shear. Is this correct? If so that would account for the higher amount of epoxy resin required to laminate your hull. It will make for a strong boat if you did. No worries. I also note you left out the shear clamps. We did the same because I didn’t read ahead enough to realize there were no notches cut out in the bulkheads for them. These should be noted and updated on the plans I think. I didn’t want to piece it together and will add them in the morning. We also flipped our boat today.

marcelo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by marcelo »

Hello Greg,

Congratulations for you as well.

I had told you that I was planning to do it later in July, after my vacation, but I decided save some time and flipped it today.

Yes, you got it. I post a comment about the extra glass. Now we know where is my resin... :?

http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?t=17108

I left the shear clamps to be applied now.

What kind wood are you using for that?

Looking to see your pictures.

All the best.

Marcelo.

sngatlanta
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sngatlanta »

marcelo wrote:
I left the shear clamps to be applied now.

What kind wood are you using for that?

I'm using douglas fir 1 x 1 ripped from 8' boards for the shear clamps. I scarfed the joints to make them long enough