Bo's HC16

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BoH
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bo's HC16

Post by BoH »

I rolled a little primer on it today. It's amazing how much more that makes it look like a real canoe.

Bo

BoH
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by BoH »

Today was the unofficial launch. There is still a lot of work to do (painting, fairing the inside, the breasthooks, but we wanted to use her this season. Some pics, so ks8 won't ask. :)

On the truck, she almost dwarfs my little Sonoma. With 3 people, she is more comfortable than the Sonoma. My crew posing (well, the 20 year-old cat didn't go).

My boys needed a little getting used to her.

She is sensitive to the weight distribution of the passengers between the seats.

This is a nice looking design in its element.

She paddled well. My boys have only ever been in a wide, flat bottom canoe, and could not get used to the tipping when they leaned. I lowered their center of gravity, and lessened the problem. I had no trouble handling her, and she could move if we wanted her to. She was carrying about 400 lbs.

No more pictures for a while. The next time you see her, she will be painted inside and out.

Bo