SK17 Kayak...almost done...

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
RickW
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

SK17 Kayak...almost done...

Post by RickW »

Hey gang, almost finished with the kayak build I've been working on a few weeks now and thought I'd share a couple pic's.

First off I wanna say I've been lurking here for the better part of two years, most of that time starring at boat plans and "pondering" lol. I've been planning to build a GF16, but figured I'd start off building the kayak until I am ready to do the GF. It's been a lot of fun getting it built and I can't overstate how much of a learning experience it was in using the materials and such.

I used twice as much epoxy as I should of, it's as fair as a cobblestone walkway, but I'm proud of it, and I learned a lot for the next one. I still have a couple coats of clear to put on and some straps for the hatches, other than that she's ready to hit the water. I added a couple rod holders behind the cockpit and made a seat, and I'm attempting to make a paddle here in a few minutes. Hope to get on the water by the end of next week....

*edit: grrr....pics aren't working , yet.

The actual boss of this operation....

a_Adel
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: SK17 Kayak...almost done...

Post by a_Adel »

looking very good
good luck with ur GF16

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Re: SK17 Kayak...almost done...

Post by ks8 »

Nice! Pictures on the water as soon as you got 'em. :)