Shoal Bandit - GF14...floats!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
HungOne
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Shoal Bandit - GF14...floats!

Post by HungOne »

After 2 1/2 years incubating in my "detached garage", modifying several 4, 5, and 6 letter words, 2 or so girlfriends and several handles later.... a boat hatched out of my driveway....and I'm Stoked!!!...it floats!

Really appreciate the effort Joel and Jaques put into this website to make things (boats) happen!!!....and everyone's willingness to help others without a lot of fuss....its really unique to this website...which is pretty cool! Did have some inspiration from some other builds, including Claudette, Lake Dreamer, of course the "Cracker" Larry, Cape Man, the fellas in Wilmington's fairing tutorial!, Hellbender, whoever built the yellow GF-14 with really clean lines, Jim Beam, Harry Gant former driver of the Skoal Bandit, and all other GF builders!.....I'm done!...I think

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Shoal Bandit - GF14...floats!

Post by gstanfield »

Looks very nice :D I doubt anyone will disagree with me when I say that is one of the nicest GF's yet 8) The color and brightwork really go good together along with all the little htings you added in there. You should be very proud of yourself. Enjoy it and go get some blood on that pretty finish :D

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

Joe H
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Joe H »

Very cool, and I agree the boat looks fantastic, have you come down yet from the high yet!
Congrads

Joe H
Completed: OD16, P19, FS14, V12 in progress

bondo
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by bondo »

Really nice execution of a design HO. I love the custom mods. A very good looking boat. Make the fish bleed outside the boat.

Cracker Larry
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Cracker Larry »

Fantastic job :!: :!: That is really sweet, love the trim work and details 8)
Did have some inspiration from some other builds, including Claudette, Lake Dreamer, of course the "Cracker" Larry, Cape Man, the fellas in Wilmington's fairing tutorial!, Hellbender, whoever built the yellow GF-14 with really clean lines, Jim Beam, Harry Gant former driver of the Skoal Bandit, and all other GF builders!.
I think almost every boat built on this site gets a little better than the last, due to the input of everyone else's experience. The bar keeps getting set higher and higher 8)

That's the 4th GF being completed this week, all of them stunning in their own way :D I'm glad to have been of some influence on them :D Glad mine isn't competing against them in finish either :D
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

onemilehigh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by onemilehigh »

That must be the prettiest Jon boat I've ever seen! Beautiful.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

great level of finish. You are right to be proud.

the cap reminds me of Danny Noonan from Caddy Shack....

HungOne
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by HungOne »

Really appreciate the kind words!...and everyone else taking time to post threads of their own builds! There were a lot of errors, ommissions, and additions...I'm not one for drawing things out, but pretty happy with the way it turned out...Had been building on and off for so long that I couldn't come out with anything too ordinary......although blood would contrast well ....I'd be happy slinging some drum on the decks!

....yeh the hat really cheezed up the launch...."luckily no one scratched my anchor!"

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Cracker Larry wrote:That's the 4th GF being completed this week, all of them stunning in their own way
this is the time of year we see more launches, right through the fall :D :D :D

flatpicker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by flatpicker »

Beautiful Boat! Love the graphic 8)