Jtrees CX25

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Jtrees
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Jtrees CX25

Post by Jtrees »

Hello, I am getting ready to slowly start my CX25 project and figured it was time to start a thread. I have been quietly following quite a few builds on this forum for a couple of years now and finally worked up the nerve to order some plans and attempt to commit. The use of the boat will be fishing the gulfstream off of South Carolina (Mostly Isle of Palms area/Shem Creek/ or Edisto). I plan on attaching a bracket with 2 evinrude 150 etecs. But I am confused because the site says 400hp max while the plans say 300hp max. Which ever turns out to be accurate I will go with the max. I won't be able to move into our new shop yet but I figured i can go ahead and take my time cutting out many of the different pieces for the boat and the mold. I have thus far only started cutting out the different stations to build the mold out of temporary 3/4" particle board underlayment that I am polyurethaning to combat swelling from the humidity we have down here in GA. For the actual wood used for construction of the boat I was planning on 1088 Meranti from this site for all wood on the boat? Any suggestions for Meranti vs. Okume for the hull? (Excluding the transom which will be Meranti) I'm not overly concerned with WOT speeds; more concerned with strength. I know Okume is light and strong and Meranti is medium weight and strong, but "which 'strong' is stronger?" I also ran into a snag drawing out the next station (H). I will attach a picture if I can figure out how :doh: I believe I read the forum only displays 800x600 images. Is this correct? In which case I will resize them. I will also be posting pictures as I go because I enjoyed watching everyones builds so much maybe I can return the favor. Also I have no problem with feedback or suggestions for methods along the way and infact welcome it cause this will be a learning experience for me.

Happy Boat Building,
Jtrees

wej
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Re: Jtrees CX25

Post by wej »

Welcome & good luck Mr. Trees!!!

I also have the plans and drool over them often. :roll:

thb
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by thb »

Welcome and good luck with your build. You will get hooked.

Just a simple input on engines. Rather than twins think about a single 300 etec. It will be lighter and faster due to less drag in the water from the second engine. I know its nice to have the redundancy when way offshore but you will pay a penalty for that. Purchase price, weight, drag and fuel burn. My two cents worth,

Regards
Tom in Steinhatchee :)

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

Jtrees wrote:...The use of the boat will be fishing the gulfstream off of South Carolina (Mostly Isle of Palms area/Shem Creek/ or Edisto). I plan on attaching a bracket with 2 evinrude 150 etecs. But I am confused because the site says 400hp max while the plans say 300hp max...
CS25 with 300HP 4-Stroke in Carolina waters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W05kOm5 ... re=related

peter-curacao
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by peter-curacao »

sitandfish wrote:
Jtrees wrote:...The use of the boat will be fishing the gulfstream off of South Carolina (Mostly Isle of Palms area/Shem Creek/ or Edisto). I plan on attaching a bracket with 2 evinrude 150 etecs. But I am confused because the site says 400hp max while the plans say 300hp max...
Not sure, or that one is modificated or that's not a CS 25 or maybe it's the camera angle, but the upper radius of the transom doesn't seem to be a CS, bulkhead looks different also.

sitandfish
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by sitandfish »

peter-curacao wrote:
sitandfish wrote:
Not sure, or that one is modificated or that's not a CS 25 or maybe it's the camera angle, but the upper radius of the transom doesn't seem to be a CS, bulkhead looks different also.
Bateau CS25 with 300hp 4-stroke:

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

Okay you are right, I think :P doesn't mean I like it :wink:

Jtrees
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jtrees »

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to post an image. I have resized to 800x600 and tried numerous other sizes. I keep getting the response "image size cannot be determined" when I attempt to preview the post. Any specific programs to use or anything I should try?

The image my question refers to is http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage.php?pos=-38249 If someone who has built a CX25 or CS25 can take a quick look I am confused about the missing measurement I marked in the picture for station H.

Thanks,
Jason (Jtrees)

Lon
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Lon »

I had a problem posting it, too.
Lon FL14, GV11
Montana

Prarie Dog
* Bateau Builder *