SUP build - Shine

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

SUP build - Shine

Post by tech_support »

Cut the third (hopefully last) prototype yesterday and glued all the hull panels together. This one is in 3mm Okoume.

Doc_Dyer
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: SUP build - Shine

Post by Doc_Dyer »

that looks great ...

love the cnc cut out join..ery
. sanded on a canoe, bought a used boat, stayed at a holiday inn last night

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Hey Doc, I also cut a test sheet of parts for your SUK, should be able to cut the rest of it soon :wink:

Seadation
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Seadation »

Very neat!

/david

hp010101
New Poster
New Poster

Post by hp010101 »

I was about to order and build my first set of plans but my zeal was crushed by my wife.

Her exact words..."I don't want a boat I want a Stand up Paddle board." So before I am allowed to build a flats boat for myself I have to produce a SUP for her.

We do you expect to release the Plans and BOM?

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

:D thats a good problem. Most of the time its "I get a new bathroom before you build a boat"

We will only sell a kit for this design. It will be almost impossible to cut these small parts in very thin wood and have it come together well. We should be ready to sell them in a week or two, the whole kit (wood parts, epoxy, glass, AND free shipping for all of it) should be around $800

put her together yesterday, decided to add a couple more frames, and more pre-drilled stitch hole. The pre-drilled stitch holes guarantee it will all come together, saves a ton of time adjusting and guessing

more pictures at the gallery, here are some samples....

hp010101
New Poster
New Poster

Post by hp010101 »

I look forward to it. Looks like I need to get a bit more clamps than I own now. And this is a distraction...She so wants a new kitchen.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

hp010101 wrote:I look forward to it. Looks like I need to get a bit more clamps than I own now. And this is a distraction...She so wants a new kitchen.
I was experimenting on ways to keep frames/stringers square, ended up not using any clamps. Well, I guess I did use the 4 tiny C clamps at the transom

hp010101
New Poster
New Poster

Post by hp010101 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdk9tV9U ... re=related

A video showing an optional rack for SUP. I assume you would have to pre-plan these kinds of mods vice retofit to make sure the frame is strong enough. Since I live in the keys there are lots of places with big fish that are very close to my dock but the water between me and the fish is very skinny so a SUP would be perfect.

I am thinking that a few vertical flush mounted rod holders (pvc tubes) that are glassed to the frame would work well. It would add a lot of weight but I can live with that since I don't weigh over 200 pounds.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

I did notice a rack in that video....

about the SUP, sure you can plan those things out when you build it, you just need to add some backing plates so that you have some then to screw into later. On this prototype we will be adding a few backing plates so we can mount eyelets for shock cords