Aripeka Angler's PY12 Build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Aripeka Angler
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Aripeka Angler's PY12 Build

Post by Aripeka Angler »

Well, the boat building virus has flared up again :wink: A few weeks ago, I decided to not start this build thread until I was actually working on the kayak. I started making sawdust this afternoon 8) Not much to see, but a start anyhow...

I think this might be one of the first PY12 builds. I will stick to the plan as drawn and hopefully I won't mess up too bad...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

peter-curacao

Re: Aripeka Angler's PY12 Build

Post by peter-curacao »

Nice!! Although your cooking looks/tastes great, I like seeing you building stuff 8)

peter-curacao

Post by peter-curacao »

I know you wanna stick to the plans, still I wanna show you this Miragedrive , don't know where you gonna use the kayak and if it is an option for you, just wanted to show you since its also a fishing kayak.

Also I don't know if its working as advertised, just got the link from a friend of my who's also looking into fishing kayaks/subs, and also is a forum member here for about a week or so, his nick is misterfly.

Edit: changed name for drive to correct one
Last edited by peter-curacao on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aripeka Angler

Post by Aripeka Angler »

peter-curacao wrote:I know you wanna stick to the plans, still I wanna show you this Megadrive , don't know where you gonna use the kayak and if it is an option for you, just wanted to show you since its also a fishing kayak.

Also I don't know if its working as advertised, just got the link from a friend of my who's also looking into fishing kayaks/subs, and also is a forum member here for about a week or so, his nick is misterfly.
Thanks for the welcome Peter :D You have got me interested in the megadrive 8) I will do some reading on that system...
Richard
Completed boats...XF20 "Red Alert", Aripeka Angler's Strip Canoe, FS18 “Bare Bones”, GF12
Currently building...PY12 Kayak
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. - Loren Eiseley
Bare Bones build thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62146

cali123
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by cali123 »

Good to see you building the plyak. There are a bunch of us that are interested in building one. 8)

misterfly_nl
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by misterfly_nl »

I will follow this build every step, because I like to build my fishing cano too.
One day i build my SOT seafishing cano

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

Good start 8) Did you cut that out with your CNC machine, or do it the old fashion way?

That's a really nice looking little kayak. I might have to build one after I get the FS18 finished.

Are you making hurricane preps yet? Looks like it's going to be very wet there in a couple of days. Let me know if you need any help with the boats or filling sandbags.
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Soon, probably within 3 days, we will post building notes for the SUP14. While experimenting with the assembly, we discovered a few tricks like gluing the sheer clamp ( I may call it inwale on some plans) to the side panel before assembling the hull.

I also though of more options like some stiffeners, deck beam style, for the hatches.
And a side deck brace in case somebody wants to mount accessories on the side of the cockpit or just for better support of the side deck when getting in and out of the boat. I may post a "building notes update" as soon as I draw those options.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

I'm happy to see you start this thread Richard, especially since I have a secret interest in building this one once my endless LB22 build is finished :roll: (I'm sitting here waiting for the induction time on a little Sterling mix for the cockpit right now). I have given some thought to the Mirage drive and read up on it a bit. There's a Hobie rental place nearby so I think I'll give it a try once the weather cools. Looks like you're doing the first one!

Watching on the sidelines Dougster

hockey52
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hockey52 »

Gonna be watching this build! :)