Boise PC24 Build!!

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Boise PC24
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Boise PC24 Build!!

Post by Boise PC24 »

Well I went ahead and made the plunge!!! I just bought my set of plans online and am super excited to receive them. I wish they were here tomorrow! I went with the Pontoon Cat 24. I think I will really enjoy this boat and it will fit my family very well! Ive been looking at this site for over a year now and it seems that there is great support! This is my first build so I will definitely need it! I will try my best to post pictures and let everyone know how the build is going! Has anyone started this build yet?

I JUST CANT WAIT FOR THE PLANS TO GET HERE!!!!!!

Larry B
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Boise PC24 Build!!

Post by Larry B »

Boise,
I'll be watching your build. I also bought the plans, but things have come up that prevent me from starting so I'll be excited to see yours come together.
Post lots of pictures of your build.
Larry B
Completed: FL14, OD18

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Post as many pictures as you can.
If you have questions, open a thread in the tech. support section.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Boise PC24
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Boise PC24 »

jacquesmm wrote:Post as many pictures as you can.
If you have questions, open a thread in the tech. support section.

Ok! Sure will!

Boise PC24
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Boise PC24 »

I GOT MY PLANS YESTERDAY! Already read through them twice! Next up, PLYWOOD!!

Boise PC24
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Boise PC24 »

Finally got some plywood to start on my molds! Picked up a jigsaw and a few other things!
I hope to have the molds done by next weekend so that I can start on my strongback! Will post pics when I figure that out!

antoniekruger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by antoniekruger »

Hi, great news to see a cat being built. Exciting indeed. I have a question about the beams holding the pontoons together. What wood(if wood) do you intend to use and they seem very obvious. Do you intend to hide them somehow? Very exciting project. Cant wait for the pics. One day when I'm grown up I want to built a cat as well - if I can afford the plans. Good luck, buddy. Ask questions and enjoy.
CC14 splashed
CS23 almost there

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

The specs for the beams are on the plans: plywood and battens, fiberglassed. The beams are hollow. Type of wood for the battens: clear fir, no knots. Plywood is marine type, Okoume or Meranti.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

Boise PC24
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Boise PC24 »

antoniekruger wrote:Hi, great news to see a cat being built. Exciting indeed. I have a question about the beams holding the pontoons together. What wood(if wood) do you intend to use and they seem very obvious. Do you intend to hide them somehow? Very exciting project. Cant wait for the pics. One day when I'm grown up I want to built a cat as well - if I can afford the plans. Good luck, buddy. Ask questions and enjoy.
Antoniekruger,

I'm really excited to have gotten this build started as well as being the first to build it! I will be using the marine ply and battens fiberglassed as jaques stated for the beams! I don't really plan on hiding them, I haven't really thought about hiding the beams! I will most likely just stick to the plans for the hulls and bare deck since this my first build! I have some pretty good ideas for the deck though!

bringamosa
New Poster
New Poster

Post by bringamosa »

Hi there,

Any progress on the build of this pontoon cat? My eyes caught this boat a while ago and i went looking for some building reports and a found this postings. I hope you can show me some more about the building progress.