Bryan's GF16 -- New Pics

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
redfishla
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Bryan's GF16 -- New Pics

Post by redfishla »

I've just about finished priming the inside, and am painting the rub and spray rails. Two pics are at the below link. Sorry for the shadows. I hope it floats.

http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage.php?pos=-891

http://gallery.bateau2.com/displayimage ... m=42&pos=7

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

paint

Post by Troutlet »

I knew you'd zip right through it! Did you pick up the webbing spray yet?

redfishla
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by redfishla »

Troutlet:

I wasn't as confident; I appreciate your support. Yes, I got 4 cans of the spray just a couple of weeks ago. I hope it's enough. It looks very appropriate for my needs!

I hope to lay down some paint late tomorrow night.

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

bimini

Post by Troutlet »

Is that Bimini top that is leaning against the back wall of your garage (in the picture) slated for your GF16?

redfishla
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by redfishla »

Yes, that's a bimini top, but not for my GF16. That goes on a 17 ft. Cape Horn. I can't remember where exactly, but I saw a VERY nice looking home-made bimini top on a recently completed build. I'm thinking of doing something of the like. I'll try and search.

jasonmcintosh
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jasonmcintosh »

Did you put the "webbing spray" on your boat? How did it come out?

jason

REELDRAG
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by REELDRAG »

Do you like the front deck the way you made it flush like a flats boat. I was thinking about that also. You are doing a real nice job.

redfishla
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by redfishla »

Thanks for the compliment. The boat is DONE!!!! and I'll get pictures up tonight or tomorrow. I hope to splash it tomorrow a.m. if the weather holds up. Yes, I like the way I have the front deck. I made a couple of modifications. First, I tilted the front just deck to keep water from standing. Not that I was sure it would, but I didn't want it to be an issue. I also added three extra 1x2's on the bottom side (epoxy glued) to reinforce it a bit (I'm a big guy). Since I'm not particularly careful with how I toss an anchor, I added a layer of 4 oz cloth. It seems EXTREMELY solid. My only regret is that I didn't create some sort of anchor locker (I believe Mango did so on his GF16).

redfishla
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by redfishla »

Jason:

The webbing came out fantastic! It seems to be relatively rugged, and dried quickly. I can't scratch it off with a finger nail. It was cheap to do, so I can always add more later. The boat is DONE and the paint seems to be -- finally! -- cured. If the weather holds up tomorrow, I hope to have a splash!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

jasonmcintosh
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by jasonmcintosh »

redfishla wrote:The webbing came out fantastic!
Sounds like this calls for a nice closeup picture. I love my nice clean white boat, but I may get tired of wiping it out every few hours while fishing. I'm thinking of bringing a mop with me. Probably go real well with my cheap fishing poles...

jason