HK15 - Time to slay some Ducks

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Downtimesfl
New Poster
New Poster

HK15 - Time to slay some Ducks

Post by Downtimesfl »

So i have been looking at the Honker 15 for a few years now. It just looks like a great little skiff for the type of duck hunting we do down in SFL. I also do Classic cars and my 39 has been taking up all my free time. But The next step with the 39 requires tools i don;t have so I'm on hold for 3 weeks. I decided to see if i could get this sucker built in that time frame, and because of some medical stuff i won't bore you with, I have to work in small bursts.

Anywhere I started last wednesday and in working in the evenings and on weekends I've gotten quite a bit done. So far I figure i'm actually 23 hrs into the project.

Some fun things i've learned.
1. put the zip ties the right way around. It makes a big difference!!!
2. using the bad to apply epoxy resin is the only way.
3. I wish i would have pre taped my seams.

michael c
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: HK15 - Time to slay some Ducks

Post by michael c »

Looks like a great boat - I've thought seriously about building one and putting in oarlocks in addition to the motor. I think it would be perfect for drifting/rowing down rivers and jump-shooting woodies after the morning hunt.