Corsair 11

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Corsair 11

Post by esparver »

Fellow boatbuilders,

I am building the "corsair 11", I just started to draw the plans on plywood of this nice little boat. I like the "open stern" version.

I'm not in a hurry as I don't have much freetime and also is my first boatbuilding experience so don't expect spectacular progresses. :wink: My first milestone is to complete the hull.

Regards,

Jordi.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

Nice to have on board, hope to see pictures when you get the hull going.

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

I'll do Shine.

I like this boat a lot. Although is small it would be very fun to sail (I used to sail a lot with a similar 11", cat design, and it was a pleasure!). What I can tell you is that's very fun to learn the S&G secrets... if I had only more freetime...

Regards,

Jordi.

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

A bit of my"building report":

All 9mm plywood pieces are cut: frames, transom, daggerboard and its case, skeg and rudder.

In the last two days I drew and cut the hull bottom and sides (in 5 mm plywood as I couldn’t find 6 mm) I’ll cut the deck at the end of the building process.

The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august, I’ll be away a couple of weeks sailing in the Mediterranean Sea :D . I'll post pictures when I'm back.

BTW, I have a question: should I post this in the "Builder's sailing boat" or in the "Builder's small boat" forum?

Regards,
- Jordi -

chrisobee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by chrisobee »

esparver wrote:A bit of my"building report":

All 9mm plywood pieces are cut: frames, transom, daggerboard and its case, skeg and rudder.

In the last two days I drew and cut the hull bottom and sides (in 5 mm plywood as I couldn’t find 6 mm) I’ll cut the deck at the end of the building process.

The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august, I’ll be away a couple of weeks sailing in the Mediterranean Sea :D . I'll post pictures when I'm back.

BTW, I have a question: should I post this in the "Builder's sailing boat" or in the "Builder's small boat" forum?

Regards,
I think that qualifies as a small boat.

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

esparver wrote:The next step is to assemble bottom and sides with a butt block and “stitch & glue” everything. This will be done at the end of august
Well, this is done you can see the side and bottom panels glued, as well as the skeg, centreboard, rudder and its box (not shaped yet) in my buiding gallery.

I'm about to stitch all the hull together and post pictures of the process very soon.

Best regards,

PD: ChrisObee yes of course, but for me it's a BIG boat! :D
Last edited by esparver on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- Jordi -

Jonnas
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Jonnas »

Olá Jordi! Como estás?

I am really looking forward to follow your Corsair building, but it seem there's some kind of problem with your link, though. It points to another builder's boat, "Larry's D5".

Saludos.
JG

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

Olá Jonnas,

Yes you're right. I eddited my previous post.

Thanks!

BTW: my thumbnails photo album is here:
http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=169
Last edited by esparver on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jordi -

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

More to update!

I've just stitched all the hull!! there's a couple of pictures, the rest is in my builing gallery.

Next step is to measure diagonals and begin with the fillets: I will glue the hull with a bit of epoxi+filler and then remove the plastic ties, put tape outside and be ready for some serious filleting (first milestone will be acomplished then) :D

Hope you like the pics!
Last edited by esparver on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jordi -

esparver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by esparver »

Hull is turned, diagonals measured and ready for filleting.

Right now I'm doing epoxy tabs to remove plastic ties and begin filleting. A couple of pictures:

More to come...

Cheers!
Last edited by esparver on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jordi -