K2FS18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

K2FS18

Post by K2FS18 »

Started the FS18 10 days ago. Taking a few days off from building to figure out next steps. Apparently I used too much 120z cloth on the exterior as I am now short for the interior. The Bow outta be solid thou.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: K2FS18

Post by Fuzz »

10 days start to flip, now that is moving right along :!: You should post lots of pictures and teach us Cloofs how to make progress :lol:

K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by K2FS18 »

I skipped fairing, graphite and priming before I flipped. Figured I could flip back after I glass and install stringers and stations. Trying to figure out layouts of interior.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Either way post lots of pictures and ask questions. There have been a bunch of these built, I am sure the builders will be able to help with any question you might have. Oh, welcome to the group.

seaslug

Post by seaslug »

Welcome to the forum K2. I'm fairly recent to the forum also and finished my FS18 in April so I may be of assistance with questions you'll have moving forward. Before you go any further you should beef up your strong back with more bracing. My strong back had a full frame around the bottom as well and diagonal bracing on the under side, of course all squared up and string lined to make sure the hull turned out perfectly straight. I also added 8 casters with the flip down locking mechanism so the entire project could be rolled outside for the heavy sanding part, which is quite dusty and the only part of the project I didn't enjoy much. I used small casters, 1 3/4" diameter but they were too small, so bigger is better. As light as this boat is, it's still heavy enough to torque the strong back while moving it around and doing the heavy sanding. Also, I wore a Tyvek suit with the wrists taped, work gloves, and a respirator for the heavy glass sanding, otherwise your skin will be full of glass fibers for days afterwards.....I don't know how to post pictures, but if you're interested I can email pictures of my build in any stage that might help, and any questions you have feel free to contact me. cowdellm@aol.com Good luck with your build, it's a ton of fun. Mike

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

seaslug wrote:I don't know how to post pictures, but if you're interested I can email pictures of my build in any stage that might help
Seaslug- and anybody else in the same situation- here's instructions on how to post pictures: http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13991
Hank

K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by K2FS18 »

The fun part is really kicking in. To make it mine!

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Looks like you got the picture thing all figured out, good deal :D
With the pictures I am sure you will get any help you need from those who have built one like yours if needed.

Cracker Larry

Post by Cracker Larry »

That is looking really good 8) Very nice shop too!
Completed GF12 X 2, GF16, OD18, FS18, GF5, GF18, CL6
"Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made." -Robert N. Rose

K2FS18
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by K2FS18 »

Front section from bow to "A". This area will have a sole and a small AGM battery will sit inside there to power nav lights, gunnel lights and any other items needing 12volts. It will be accessed thru a hatch between "A" and "B".

Between "A" and "B" there will be a sole as well, fuel tank and dry storage.

There is also a 16" deep storage section that will be added behind "B" (towards stern). This will be accessed from an opening from the horizontal side.

All three of these storage area soles are raised 1" higher than main sole so that any water will drain towards the rear.