FS 19 build

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

FS 19 build

Post by Browndog »

This is the first post in the build thread for the FS 19 project that I am going to be building for my brother. The boxes arrived today for the Silvertip epoxy kit and the fiberglass. The CNC kit for the boat and console are soon to follow. Picked up some supplies yesterday. The 2 X 8's for the strongback are in the garage. Will be cleaning out the garage and kicking the canoe outside to set up for the build over the next few days. Very excited about this project!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS 19 build

Post by Jeff »

Browndog, sorry for the delay!! Reid only has the MDF molds to cut in the morning and we "SHOULD" ship by tomorrow afternoon!!! Looking forward to watching this build!!! Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

BrownDog,
Glad to see you starting this build thread. Lots of folks wanting to see one of these built and see how it runs :D

PastorBob
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by PastorBob »

I'll be watching as well.. FS19 is a tempting build. Wife's family has a place at pine harbor just down the channel.
... you thought epoxy was strong!
Romans 8:38-39

Dutch1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dutch1 »

I'll be watching. Good luck!

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

The truck arrived with the FS 19 CNC kit today. I organized a small group of people to help me unload the box and move it into my garage. Built the strongback this morning and cleaned up the garage so I would have room to put everything inside. A few pictures to show it all.

Got to go to the store and get some hardware to attach the casters to the underside of the strongback and then this project can really get rolling!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Browndog, I am really going to enjoy watching your build!! Glad the kit made it there in great shape!!! Jeff

Browndog
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Browndog »

We've had houseguests since Friday, so work on the boat has been slow over the weekend. Did manage to get all of the boxes unpacked and got the hardware need to install the casters. Got four of the casters installed, when I realized that the remaining casters are slightly different, about 1/4" taller, so I have to get replacements for them tomorrow.

Will get to work on the boat tonight and focus on getting parts cut out from the sheets.