FS13 'Lil Stream

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

FS13 'Lil Stream

Post by BB Sig »

**** This thread is picture heavy! ****

The purpose of this boat and the name come from my other ongoing build, a GT23 named Midstream. My plan is to have a folding front bow of the GT that I can load/unload kayaks from. I figured I would document this build separate from MidStream.

Last edited by BB Sig on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FS13 'Lil Stream

Post by Jeff »

BB, good seeing you this week. Have a nice holiday weekend!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

It was nice meeting the crew at Bateau. Too bad Jacques was not there but I bet he's having a lot more fun than any of us right now. :D

Here's tonight's work. Not bad for an hour after bible study... The wife came out and helped me trace while I was making the next cut.

I will try to get another hour or so in tomorrow night after church. I'll see if I can get the wife out there again. I'm amazed I got her out there tonight! 8O

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

BB, that is a huge amount accomplished in 1 hour!!! Nice, Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

I had to make a trip to Montana so I didn't get a lot done working on the boats for the last week. Here's a couple of pictures to show a short portion of my trip.

Sacajawea II is a 50' wooden boat that the tour was given on. The tour guide was a Cajun from Louisiana that gave a great history lesson on the area.

I finally had time to get some work done. I have about 90% cut out. I am waiting on a few pieces until I get the hull finished and take measurements off of the hull itself. I built an assembly table out of 2"x8"x12' joists that I will reuse after the boat for my kids fort. I used 3/4" plywood for the table top and some 4x4 oak legs that I had laying around. I didn't have to cut them to get a near perfect height. I got things laid out for gluing tomorrow evening.

Instead of making 4 transom cutouts and then gluing them together, I did two out of 4mm and used 9mm for the other two. It should save me on the gluing time. I am tempted to just glue a 4mm and a 9mm and call it good since I will only be using electric motors with this one.

Here are the transom knees that I did the same as the transom only this time I only cut them out of 9mm instead of two 4mm pieces.

Here's my under table storage. Not full yet but it shouldn't take long to fill it up.

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Looking good Barry! Trip looked like it would be fun.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Barry, looks like a great trip to Montana, beautiful State!! Nice work on the cutting!! Jeff

BB Sig
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by BB Sig »

First two splices are made with assistance. :D The bigger one placed the fiberglass and moved some epoxy around. We'll see how it comes out!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

BB, great family project and glad to see them both involved!!! Jeff

707dreamer
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by 707dreamer »

Nice work so far. I'm interested in the FS13 so I'll be watching this thread to learn some building tricks.

Karlo,