new build GT Cruiser 23

Power Boats only. Please include the boat type in your question.
LaChefels
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

new build GT Cruiser 23

Post by LaChefels »

Hello all. I'm Naylene. I just started this boat. To set myself up for success, I bought the cnc kit. We, my father and I, got the strongback built today.
Next week we will start installing the frames. I know I'm going to have lots of questions. I read many other build threads and the one GT 27 build. You are all very kind with your wisdom and helpful input. I know I will be asking for some of that wise input..
Until next week,
Naylene

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new build GT Cruiser 23

Post by Jeff »

Naylene, Great to see you on the Builders Forum!!!! We welcome you and very much look forward to your build!!!! Please post photos and keep us up to date!!! Again, welcome, Jeff

gstanfield
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by gstanfield »

Welcome to the forum, the GT23 is a neat design so please share as many photos as possible! There's a couple completed boats with photos floating around here somewhere, maybe more.

George
Previous builds: FL14, NC16, and others...

Current build: FL14 (+10%)

LaChefels
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LaChefels »

Thank you. I will start posting pics soon.

LaChefels
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LaChefels »

Strong back is finished. Thank
BL is base line=water line

Reid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Reid »

LaChefels wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:41 pm Strong back is finished. Thank
BL is base line=water line
In many cases the Base Line (BL) is the water line. However, a true water line will need to be marked once the hull is in the water. The theoretical water line and actual water line can change due to fluctuations in weight. For building purposes, the BL sits at the bottom of the sole on the GT23. This is simply a reference point at which the frames and panels are measured from. The BL gives the builder a consistent reference point to accurately align the frames.

-Reid
Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... "How to Build a Boat."
- Steven Wright

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

Could this be a woman builder? We welcome women builders and it is refreshing if so.

A self leveling laser level and an empire 4' level are some of my most important tools.

Good luck.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

LaChefels
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by LaChefels »

Thank you Reid.
Hey FallGuy,
Yes I am a woman building a boat and the first build. I will be asking many questions, some of which will undoubtedly be less than smart. I apologize in advance.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

LaChefels wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:04 pm I will be asking many questions, some of which will undoubtedly be less than smart. I apologize in advance.
No need to worry about that... They tolerated my ignorance, and according to my wife, they don't come any less smart than me. Ask away and the smart ones here will be quick to help.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Another Texan gal boat builder, cool :D
Welcome and a couple things. We love pictures. And there are no dumb questions. Any of us who have built a boat have made plenty of mistakes. With a build thread hopefully we can help you avoid some of them.