OD16 getting closer

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

OD16 getting closer

Post by anflyer »

I am getting closer to the finish line. I flipped the boat over a couple of weeks ago and this past saturday I fiberglassed the outside with the biax and a layer of 4oz. cloth (wet on wet). It is incredible how much time the 4oz. should save in fairing. It leaves the surface very smooth. Will post some pics soon.

Anflyer

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Here are some pics right before it was flipped several weeks ago.......

Last edited by anflyer on Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

Here are some pics after being taped and sanded right before I laid the cloth.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

The boat is now covered in biax and a layer of 4oz. Will post pics of the partialy faired boat once I download them...

Hope you all think it's coming along fine.

Anflyer

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

Looking good!

And it looks like you, the sander, and that shop vac have been busy. :lol:

I hope mine is finished this summer. Its rewarding to see them turn into boats, even when looking at someone else's work.

What sort of console you planning, if? I like what EvilD did with the T-top. Similar plans?

For those of us stuck on dialup connections, 600 or 700 pixel wide photos load alot faster... these gave me time to make some toast. :lol: But they look great!

ks

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

Goodlooking work man! Now all the fun stuff starts after you are done fairing. Looks like she will be a strong boat.

I didn't even have to look where you are from, just looking at the yards in your hood and yours I knew it was South Florida. Like the Christmas Palm and looks like a nice place! Sure would love to get a job down that way I have South Florida in my blood, I just need to move my blood from South Alabama 800 miles farther!

Keep up the good work man!

Troutlet
Active Poster
Active Poster

Sandman

Post by Troutlet »

Looking really Good AnFlyer! The boat is taking shape. I'm sanding my hull too, I feel for you. :lol:

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

OD16

Post by cottontop »

You are getting close now. Boat looks outstanding. Bet if your like me, you wish you could be out there all the time. cottontop 8)

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

ks8 wrote:Looking good!

And it looks like you, the sander, and that shop vac have been busy. :lol:

I hope mine is finished this summer. Its rewarding to see them turn into boats, even when looking at someone else's work.

What sort of console you planning, if? I like what EvilD did with the T-top. Similar plans?

For those of us stuck on dialup connections, 600 or 700 pixel wide photos load alot faster... these gave me time to make some toast. :lol: But they look great!

ks

KS, this is the console I made. It is a little larger than the one on the plans. I'm not sure if I am going to add the T-top or just go with a bimini top. I like to fish in the Everglades / Flamingo area in S. Florida and some of those places have heavy mangrove growth that will be difficult to go through with the T-top. I definately like the look of EvilD's though.

The pictures are 800x600, I will try to make them smaller.
Anflyer
Last edited by anflyer on Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

anflyer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by anflyer »

FLYonWALL9 wrote:Goodlooking work man! Now all the fun stuff starts after you are done fairing. Looks like she will be a strong boat.

I didn't even have to look where you are from, just looking at the yards in your hood and yours I knew it was South Florida. Like the Christmas Palm and looks like a nice place! Sure would love to get a job down that way I have South Florida in my blood, I just need to move my blood from South Alabama 800 miles farther!

Keep up the good work man!
Yeah you can't beat the winter weather in S. Florida. Hopefully I can finish the fairing this weekend :help: and get ready for the primer (System 3)