Check her out! OD18

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Check her out! OD18

Post by FishTX4Life »

Shes not quite done (rod holders, coolers, lean post install, rub rail, etc.) But I just got her back today and shes ready to run!!

http://gallery.bateau2.com/thumbnails.php?album=233
I hope I dont screw this up!

Daniel

ks8
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *
Location: Now a much longer sail to Tampa Florida! Back to NC, Youngsville FM05tw

Post by ks8 »

I'm certainly convinced that you've got yourself a boat there! :)

ks

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Very nice, Daniel - that 's a sweet looking boat. Congratulations!
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

SurfRider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SurfRider »

Nice layout and finish work on the inside. With all the beer posters in your garage -- smart move to add the in-console drink holders. Lets make sure those are insulated to protect from that hot Texas sun. Looks like a lot of muscle on the back end too. Give us an update when you put 'er in the water.

Cheers!
Sic Semper Tyrannis

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

Haha thank you. Of course the drink holders are large enough to accomodate a koozie! I forgot to mention, when I took the boat in for the motor a guide named Kevin Shaw (Stiffy Push Poles/ fiber-tex owner) saw my boat in the shop and offered me a job that day. So now I do fiberglass repairs and will assist with his new poling skiff production boat! Now if I could just remember to study for classes....

Daniel

corpus369
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by corpus369 »

Ok
I want to see this in person. Email me and we can figure it out from there. Love the color. I think you stole that from me.

felch963@hotmail.com

Jamin

JASmine
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by JASmine »

Tex..Do your cupholders have a drain?? If so did you run a drain hose?
Thanks

cottontop
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

OD 18 Texas Style

Post by cottontop »

Daniel, She sure is beautiful. I like your use of "starboard" for console top. If you ever get close to Ocala, FL. We'll take your beauty and mine in to the boat places and show them off. Cottontop :D 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

FishTX4Life
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by FishTX4Life »

No drain on the cup holders, they had holes but I sealed them off with some marine adhesive. Im sure water will build up in the rain, but oh well!

Thanks Cottontop, I know we both started around the same time, and when I saw you finishing up I knew I had to kick it in gear. Your boat turned out wonderful, I was pretty jealous that I still had so much work. I spent 2 weeks straight to finish her up. Don't tell the coast guard but im gonna sneak her on the water today for a little test ride!

Corpus, I am living in Aransas Pass now at ICW trailer park. Let me know if you want to stop by sometime, it would be a treat.

Daniel

Daniel

corpus369
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by corpus369 »

I would love to stop by. Name the time - I'll be there.

Jamin