XF20 from the top

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
Hunch
Active Poster
Active Poster

XF20 from the top

Post by Hunch »

The XF20 dancefloor. That's alot of room to move around.

tech_support
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by tech_support »

HELO PAD :D :D :D

smilinmatt
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by smilinmatt »

The boat makes your V4 look like a trolling motor. I know early on Jacques was pretty reluctant to modifications, but that's got to be about the nicest looking fishing platform I've ever seen. I bet you could fight a 200 pound tarpon while learning to ride a unicycle on that thing.

It's not going to be long before we see an XF20 with a tower...

Hunch
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Hunch »

smilinmatt wrote:The boat makes your V4 look like a trolling motor. I know early on Jacques was pretty reluctant to modifications, but that's got to be about the nicest looking fishing platform I've ever seen. I bet you could fight a 200 pound tarpon while learning to ride a unicycle on that thing.

It's not going to be long before we see an XF20 with a tower...
I built it this way cuz I'm overweight and my knickname is Cap'n Trip.
Bad ankles and stuff from crawling around bilges and construction sites all my life.

I needed something very stable that won't trip me up. I want to get back into flyfishing for shark and tarpon like the old days in the Keys before any chain store even thought of opening there.

The XF20 hull is awsome and lends itself to all sorts of mods. I guess me and Jacques went round and around cuz I'm a lil off beat with my design concepts and structural ideas. I built my 1st racing skiff in the basement when I was 16. Been downhill ever since, but this boat turned out ok.

Mike Adams
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Mike Adams »

Hunch wrote:Been downhill ever since, but this boat turned out ok.
What an understatement! I said it before on another thread, Hunch, that is one beautiful boat!
FL14 "Lake Dreamer" built.

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones »

Congrats Hunch! I know it's been a long haul for you and been wondering how you're coming along. It is an awesome looking boat. :P With the weather being close to perfect down there in south Florida you are all set! I bet you'll get quite an eye when you skim the skinny water with it!

Man..I hope you have the patience to take some pics of it on the water...and go into how it handles and all with the mods that you made to it. I know it's somewhat different than Jacques originally designed...and I'm sure everyone here is eager to hear how it runs!

FLYonWALL9
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by FLYonWALL9 »

HUTCH,
crap man what is that a 8ft front deck :D :D

DrBones,

WHERE YOU BEEN man!!!!!!!!!! post up

DrBones
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by DrBones »

Hehehe..that's a long story..as long as Hunch's at the very least. Short version: I got a new job starting this new year...and ehm...I will put my OD16 in the water..it's very short of finished..just never got to the point where I was able to shave the remaining cents to finish her off. State of Florida really doesn't pay well...although I worked with probably best state (if not nationwide) agency around!

Now though the finances in the coming weeks/months shouldn't be a problem.

...had to buy wifey a new vehicle first though :P First bribes..um - I mean 'things' - first ;)

Btw, Hunch, ...I just read your performance report. Dang! 45mph. Are you gonna join the flatwater white powder and firearms runners down there now? Hehehe...ran into an old lobster fisherman up at the very 'country' fleamarket in Tallahassee...the guy was telling me all about flatwater speedboats used to evade all those fast but deeper draft vessels... and how he had a 50cal machine gun mounted to his boat to ward off all the damn lobster thieves out far.

...coming to think of it..that's not what that platform of yours is for..a .50 cal??? :doh:

fishingdan
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by fishingdan »

FLYonWALL9 wrote:HUTCH,
crap man what is that a 8ft front deck :D :D
No silly, that is stage where the orchestra will play on July 4th.

When not used for for entertaining, that deck serves a very important function. If a small aircraft runs out of fuel over the water.......I'll spare you the technical explanation, but let's just say that deck saves lives. :D