Questions for Jacques

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Questions for Jacques

Post by Jeff »

This email question arrived via email: "Trying to find plans for the rowboat 'Rebecca' Purchased from 'E-Boat.net' in 2005. Any help would be appreciated. Al Trotta. Thank you" Jeff

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions for Jacques

Post by jacquesmm »

The Rebecca is a very nice boat but there were a few problems:
- I never drafted her in 3D, I only had the paper version and to make copies was a problem.
- She was a true clinker built boat and did require an entirely different type of tech. support.
For those reasons, I removed her from the list of plans for sale.
I don't even know where the original plans are, probably somewhere in storage.
Sorry.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

atj7244@hotmail.com
New Poster
New Poster

Rebecca

Post by atj7244@hotmail.com »

Rowboat Rebecca; The plans I recieved were paper and I built the boat from them. Excellent plans. She can be seen on the 'Silly

lily' fishing station web site. I gave the plans away years ago to someone who admired her. I would like to purchase another set. Thank you, Alfred Trotta.

BrianC
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by BrianC »

Here is the description from 2005: RB15 Rebecca — a traditional flat bottom rowing skiff
RB15 Rebecca study plans
RB15_350.jpg
RB15_350.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Rebecca is a traditional flat bottom rowing skiff similar to those used in a previous era for both work and pleasure. The boat will accommodate up to three adults in protected waters. With a length of 14' 6" and a narrow entry, rowing is a true pleasure, and the boat will not pound in a chop as readily as a boat with a fuller bow. A slight rocker in the keel allows for excellent maneuverability, and the long skeg ensures a true course to the opposite shore. The moderate weight of 120 lbs. allows the boat to be easily handled by an adult and child, can be loaded in the back of a small pickup (and some SUV's). In a pinch, Rebecca can be cartopped, although it is best suited to a small trailer. A small electric trolling motor can be attached to the transom. All in all, Rebecca is a simple boat designed for simple pleasures.
What would be the closest current design? Maybe the Weekender?
SK14 completed ——— GV15 under construction "...there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.”
The Wind in the Willows — Kenneth Grahame

atj7244@hotmail.com
New Poster
New Poster

Thank you for the Rebecca study plans post. If any of the plans are found i would like to purchase them. Al Trotta.

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

I will look for them but it will take weeks.
I can barely walk now, it will take 6 weeks before I regain full mobility. After rehab, I will go to my storage place and look for the plans.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

atj7244@hotmail.com
New Poster
New Poster

Dear Sir, Don't even think of it. It is not that important. The plans are only to have in my shop with the other plans I have built. I see no use for them. Take care of your self and get well soom. Al T.

fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by fallguy1000 »

That boat in foam says remote fishing machine.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495