Page 1 of 1

Coming soon to you. FS14LS

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:20 pm
by stickystuff
Have a deposit and ordering kit Monday Morning. Looking forward to putting on the stickystuff again. Photos to follow as we getter on. :D :D

Re: Coming soon to you. FS14LS

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:22 pm
by Jeff
Good stuff StickStuff!! It will be a very interesting build!! Have a nice evening!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:55 am
by BB Sig
Let me guess, no Nidacore for this build! :lol:

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:35 pm
by Jeff
BB Sig, no StickyStuff has not asked about Nidacore yet!! I will keep you posted if he does!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:08 pm
by BB Sig
Jeff,

It was a joke. I think I've read in a few places that he did not like using it. I learned about this site because of an article that was (I think) in Florida Sportsman but may have been a newspaper article.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:13 pm
by Jeff
Ok and got it!!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:41 pm
by stickystuff
:? :oops: :oops: :lol: Bad joke. LOL Its all good. TO ME NIDA CORE IS NOTHING BUT A BIG PAIN IN THE ARSE. nOT WORTH THE TIME AND MONEY. iT TAKES NOTHING TO PUNCH A HOLE IN IT. yOU CAN'T FASTEN ANYTHING SOLID IN IT . AHAAAAAAAAJUST ALLARPUND A PRODUCT THAT IS NOT FOR ME.

BB sig, Semper Fi. 1962 till 1970 Amtracks. :)

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:12 pm
by Cracker Larry
I knew it was a joke :lol: Me either, I'll stick with good plywood. Hoo-Rah :D

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:30 am
by stickystuff
An interesting ride for build kit. My fishing partner, one of them arrived at 07:20 wed. AM . Just going for the ride to go with me to pick up build kit for the SK14LS. First stop go by the post office and drop off the monthly bills payments. Next stop and fill gas tank. Next stop by the bank and get some cash and drop off last payment for credit card. Finally on the road. Head up Hwy 19 in Crystal River to Hwy 98 going East Bound. Got about 20 miles and the fog was so heavy I missed my turn. Was supposed to blend in with Hwy 301 with 98. Ended up going east on Hwy 50.Well I said we will keep going and I new I would end up on Hwy 27. Go south on 27 and ended up turning on 92 going east. Well I forgot 92 went directly through Orlando area by All the Disney traffic as well as morning rush hr. Freaking red lights every two blocks.Stop, go, stop, go. Arggggg. Make a long story short ended up in Melbourn. Not Melb australia. Totally on the easst coast of Fla. Next stop made it South to Sebastian which I had planned on anyway to visit my brother in his new retirement house. Beautiful house with a crystal clear lake loaded with fish. stayed about 30 min. said goodby and headed back down south to Vero and at Bateau head quarters. Was met with Jacques Jeff and the crew. Build package was loaded and ready for pickup. Jeff brought fork lift with plywood etc around and we loaded all in my van. Settled up on some paperwork said our goodbys and headed back West to Crystal River.Go figure. We left at 7: and got back at 7:30. !2 hr trip which should have been 10.You get some of the best service I have ever had. Great Co. to deal with. Let the Games begin! :D :D

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:25 am
by Jeff
StickyStuff, very nice meeting you yesterday and happy to see you are back home after that long ride!! Please keep those photos coming as you have the first FS14 LS build!!! See you soon and good luck with the build!!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:50 am
by Cracker Larry
We left at 7: and got back at 7:30. !2 hr trip which should have been 10.
I would have just paid the $100 for shipping :help:

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:06 am
by Jeff
Cracker Larry, StickyStuff just wanted to watch me load the kits!!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:23 am
by Cracker Larry
Nah, he's just cheap :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:50 pm
by stickystuff
UUH UUHA! :roll: Not cheap when the customer is paying for it.I had to make a stop and see my brothers new place. well worth the ride.I am not cheap. Just frivilous.LOL Must be at at least 90 deg. in my shop. Man is it crowded in there.All parts cut and transom and stringers glued up.Tomorrow glue up sides and bottom. Pictures soon. :doh:

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:41 pm
by Cracker Larry
Pictures from Stickystuff. This man knows how to build a boat, but posting pictures gives him a problem. I'm happy to help him :D

That's a big snook!

Lot of progress in a short time. Nice work Ken 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:46 am
by stickystuff
Thanks Larry. I opened up an ols PhotoBucket account that I had back when I built OH16. Didn,t know it was still in their files. I had captions on all these pics but they didn,,t come up???These were sent on my picassa acount.Here it is my reg. wake up time at 2:00AM trying to fig this chit out. Thanks again. :D

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:50 am
by stickystuff
Had to rub some salt in the wounds of the snook fishermen. 47" long and weighed 32 Lbs. Fish was all rowed out..should have weighed 40 lbs. BUT! I still won the battle. This was back when I was 23 yrs. old. You could keep them at this time. Second 32 # I have caught. :D :D

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:38 am
by Eric1
Nice mullet muncher!!

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:01 pm
by stickystuff
Started out finishing up the sanding on the SL> Wiper down good with alcohol and started the precoat for the 6 oz. cloth What a horrible experience glassing the hull bottom with the 6OZ. If it would stick any place it would. Trying to line it up and stick it down without an air bubble.Of course I wAS WORKING BY MYSELF. i WOULD Rather laminate the Queen Mary with 12 oz. Bi/ax :? Next time I am going to use at least 8 or 10 oz.cloth. Think this one over Jacquo. :help: Tomorrow will be doing some final sanding prepping for graphite mix.. Cracker has pics and hopefully graciously post them for me.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 pm
by Jeff
StickyStuff, yes, get us those photos when possible!! Really looking forward to see your progress!!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:56 pm
by Cracker Larry
I also really dislike working with light woven cloth. I'd much rather work with 12 ounce biax than 6 ounce woven.
StickyStuff, yes, get us those photos when possible!!
I'm picking up his slack :lol:

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:06 pm
by Jeff
CR, great and thank you for posting these pictures for StickyStuff!!! The LS is really starting to take shape now!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:19 pm
by Fuzz
I think somebody has built one or two of these before :D
Just started a few days ago and it looks like a boat already :!:

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:59 am
by stickystuff
There are three things I dislike the most in building. Nidacore, 6 oz. woven, and the worst was two layers of 17 oz with matt. It took 13 gal of resin on the bottom of the XDF 2o. Horrible time getting the resin to soak in the matt when laminating. the first time was the first and last I will ever build another xf 20 with matt in general.Woven roven with polyester resin was easier that than that. :?
The biggest challenge on this one was the lack of space to get around in. I sure miss my other shop/ garage I had before I retired.12 X 36.

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:03 am
by stickystuff
So far, from time I built platform to date it has been 10 days and 35 hours build time.Some good, some bad. The best part, in this heat I have not lost one ounce of resin to heated kick off. ( I had my fingers crossed on this one.)

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:08 am
by jacquesmm
We now stock a new 1708 that absorbs resin more easily.

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:21 am
by Cracker Larry
Updated photos from Stickystuff :D Looking good, Ken!

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:47 pm
by Jeff
StickyStuff, great progress and the new boat is really looking good!! Cracker Larry, update the photos as you have time and thanks for doing this for us!!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:31 pm
by Aripeka Angler
From Ken...

He sent me another graphite bottom pic but it was pretty much the same.

Great work Ken 8)

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:22 pm
by Cracker Larry
Here are a couple more, with 2 coats of graphite...

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 pm
by stickystuff
JM, You can,t convince me enough that 17 and matt is easier. Not on my watch any how. LOL :lol:

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:41 am
by jacquesmm
That 1208 had a different binder but, use what you are familiar with, it's the result that counts and you produce nice boats.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:53 am
by stickystuff
Still working on the hull bottom. Had a few setbacks due to weather and a stupid mistake I made on hull finish. Thought I would skip a step and not fair thinking when I coat it with epox/graphite it would float it out and hide all the seams etc. NOT> Now I am paying for it. Had to sand the entire bottom and then fair and the rest is history.I hate myself. finally have it reprimed and if weather cooperates will paint soon. Refuse to do it in balmy conditions. :doh: It will be done by meeting in Oct.New photos coming soon. :oops:

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:50 am
by Jeff
Did you receive the order from this week as of yet? Jeff

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:23 am
by cape man
I hate myself.
How many times do we say this in a build! You know you are messing up, but you keep going like you're not, and then when its there staring at you, there's nobody standing between you and what happened!

My approach has always been to just call it was it is...a thing...a learning experience, and move on. You lost a couple of days, but not really because you learned something.

The boat is looking great by the way. I can't see the problem from the photos, but I know you do. Can't wait to see the finished project in Homassassa. Just hope you and others don't inspire me to build another boat! :help: I think the wife will divorce me (unless I do her kitchen REAL nice first... 8)

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:53 pm
by Cracker Larry
Picture posted for Sticky Stuff. He's having trouble too 8) All better now.

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:06 pm
by stickystuff
Finally got the hull in good working order. All primed and fit the rubrail this evening. Been raining all afternoon so it was a good time to kerf all the rubrail. have a couple more angle cuts and then epoxy them dow. next step is to prime the rubrail , sand the bottom with 320 paper clean and spray the bottom with white paint. JOY<JOY<JOW> flip the bad boy over and finish er off.This is the part that I like. :D

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:28 pm
by Marshall Moser
What did you use for the rub rail?

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:58 pm
by Jeff
StickyStuff, really looking good!! Looks like you will be ready to show it in Homossasa!! Also, SeaSlug just bought a FS14 LS today!! Nice meeting him in person. He will also be in Homossasa and he is bringing his FS18!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:03 pm
by cape man
Looks awesome Ken!

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:10 am
by stickystuff
For the rubrail I used 1 x 2 clear fir. They had a diff name on the sticker. A didf. kind of pine. Beautiful stuff. I layed two of them side by side. measured up 16" and then layed out 1" increments all the way down to 12" from the end. Set my saw at 1/2" depth and cut kerfs all the way down the measurements. Tem. clamped to the sides and mad a couple of educated guesses on the bow cut till I got it where I wanted it. Second piece clamped to stern forward and overlapped keeping it bent to fair. Will cut a long kerf angle and then start the glue in process. You need a bunch of clamps to hold it in the bend because it has to twist to keep the form. Wet it down will help it to bend. I bought the material at Home Depot. Lowes did not carry any. Usually they have the best material to pick from. Not this time.
I priced rubber rub rail with a 5/8 nylon rope insert. Only comes in 50 ft. lengths. Price $247 If I remember right. Costly. More pics coming soon. :)

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 am
by jacquesmm
Ken, we now sell a new kind of rubrail, you may be interested:
http://boatbuildercentral.com/proddetai ... TM_Rubrail

It cost less than what wrote and is very easy to install. Looks very clean too.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:10 am
by Jeff
Ken, Jacques is correct. Have a look at our rub rail or give me a call this afternoon and we can discuss!! Jeff

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:38 pm
by stickystuff
. Oh Yeah. I like it. when time comes will prob. go with it. Have to check the boss first.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:37 am
by bateau-webmaster
some more progress pics:

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:06 am
by jacquesmm
stickystuff wrote:. Oh Yeah. I like it. when time comes will prob. go with it. Have to check the boss first.
We will be in Tampa for the IBEX on October 4 and I will be in Tarpon Springs 10/2 and 10/3. I can bring the rubrail to save you the trip.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 pm
by stickystuff
sounds good to me. Hopefully Jeff hasn,t shipped it. ????

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:36 pm
by Jeff
Guys, it shipped today!! Jeff

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm
by Rogerogrant
Hey Capt Ken, what's up with the half frame in the "D" position in that pic? Is it just sitting there as a placeholder or are you going to deck/sole it that way?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:20 pm
by Dougster
I used the TM rubrail on my LB22. Great system for me with dead easy solo install. It's been holding up fine after a couple of years and I'd absolutely use it again.

Dougster

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:37 am
by stickystuff
sounds good to me. Hopefully Jeff hasn,t shipped it. ??? The half frame? We have eliminated the rear deck. Running the narrow gunnels all the way to the transom. A hand rail will be added for stability while steering.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:17 am
by jacquesmm
It is shipped and will get there faster than me bringing it.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:24 pm
by Cracker Larry
A few more pictures from Sticky Stuff..

Ken, this picture really sucks, but I'll post it anyway :D Not sure what happened here :doh:

I talked to Ken this morning, he was at the eye hospital while his wife was having eye surgery. Sure hope that goes well :!:

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:36 pm
by Jeff
StickyStuff, The FS14 LS is looking good!! Seaslug is also building a FS14 LS and we have one additional being picked-up this Saturday!! Agree with Cracker Larry, I hope Mrs. StickyStuff does well today with the eye surgery!! Jeff

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:33 pm
by Rogerogrant
The half frame? We have eliminated the rear deck. Running the narrow gunnels all the way to the transom.
Ah ha! Copy that. I'm planning on going the other direction and extending the cockpit about 10 inches over the B frame and adding a bulkhead there. I'm thinking that if I can keep fuel and battery (seperated of course) at the bow I'll have reasonably good trim with a small fishbox in the stern deck, plus my fat ass at the tiller...
:lol:

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:00 am
by pee wee
So if I read this right, you've opted to eliminate the splash well?

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:34 am
by stickystuff
Exactly. Going to run the sole all the way to transom. will do the half moon drain sys :x tem. Not as large as the drawing but will still be suffice. tapeing all the stringers and bulkheads now. I hate this part. Messy and nasty trying to do all this and laying over the gunnels. Ran out of epoxy yesterday so have to wait until today for another gallon.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:34 pm
by stickystuff
The wife is doing well. Going back next Wed. to do the other eye. Nothing serious. Just getting rid of some cataracs. alls good. :) :)

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 pm
by Jeff
Good news StickSuff!! Glad she is doing well!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:23 am
by Cracker Larry
Glad to hear that Ken :D Here is your latest picture...

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:57 am
by Cracker Larry
And another....

Ken, your camera sucks :!: :lol:

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:31 am
by stickystuff
Hey, I am still n the flip top stage on my phone.Kind of hard to take pics in close quarters. 8O

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:26 am
by Fuzz
stickystuff wrote:Hey, I am still n the flip top stage on my phone.Kind of hard to take pics in close quarters. 8O
At last somebody who does phones like me :lol:
When I need something more from a phone I get the wife or kids to do it.

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:22 am
by cvincent
Your boat looks great and you are progressing through your build very quickly. I wish the low shear version of the FS14 would have been out before building my D15.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:17 am
by Cracker Larry
I've got some bad news. Ken sort of fell out yesterday after working on his boat and getting out of the shower. His wife found him in the bathroom floor unconscious and called 911. They rushed him to the hospital. I know some of the details, but don't feel it's right to share his personal medical information on the Internet. It doesn't sound good to me anyway. So for you who pray, say a prayer for Ken this morning. If you don't pray, send a positive thought. There is power in that too. I'll let yall know if I hear any updates today.

Last picture yesterday from Ken.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:48 am
by poleposition
Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery....

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:26 am
by Jeff
Our thoughts and prayers will be with Ken and his family and we certainly wish him a full and speedy recovery. Jeff and the team at Boat Builder Central!!

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:04 am
by Cracker Larry
I spoke with Ken again early this morning and he asked me to bring yall up to date. He has something ruptured internally, and has been passing massive amounts of blood through his rectum since yesterday afternoon, and still is this morning. The docs haven't determined the problem yet and he was about to go in for some scans, CT I think. He sounded very weak from loss of blood, but in good spirits. He's a Marine. They don't quit. He'll be in the hospital for several days at least, and this build is on hold until further notice.

He says thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers. I should know more later today.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 am
by jacquesmm
Keep us up to date Larry. Ken became more than a customer or boat builder. After 20 years, I consider him a friend and I wish him a full recovery.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:19 am
by cape man
Larry,

If you talk to him again, tell him all of us are pulling for him to have a speedy recovery. Hopefully they'll figure it our and patch him up quickly.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:44 am
by bateau-webmaster
Thank you for the update Larry. Terrible to hear, Let him know we're all thinking about him. Hope he is well again soon.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:56 am
by Eric1
Me and my girls will be praying for him.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:43 pm
by Fred in Wisc
Me as well.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:27 pm
by Dougster
He's in my mind too.

Dougster

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:11 pm
by Fuzz
Hate to hear this kind of news about anyone. I hope he is better soon like the rest of you.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Wow, I hate to hear this. I've known Ken for almost 9 years.
He gave me a bunch of advice when I was building my boat and I met him at his house back in 07 to pick up a prop he ordered for me.
He's pretty tough, I'm hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:45 am
by Cracker Larry
I just spoke with Ken and he sounds a lot better this morning. Could be the morphine! The bleeding is under control and a colonoscopy is scheduled for later this morning. The CT scan didn't find any major problems anywhere else. I'll keep you posted as I know more. Sounds better than it did yesterday anyway.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:14 am
by bateau-webmaster
Good to hear Larry! Thanks for the update. I'm no expert but I'm thinking it could have been an Ulcer.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:14 am
by Jeff
Good news for Ken!! Thank you CR!! Jeff

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:16 pm
by Fred in Wisc
Excellent!

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:21 pm
by cvincent
It's good to see that his condition is improving. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 am
by pee wee
Prayers sent from here, for the doctors too.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:45 am
by Cracker Larry
Great news, I just got a text from Ken and they are sending him home today :D That's all I know.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:51 am
by Fred in Wisc
That's great news!

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:02 am
by Jeff
Really good news!! Thank you CR for the updates!! Please send him our best wishes for a speedy recovery!! Boat Builder Central Team

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:52 pm
by cape man
That can hopefully only be good news!

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:36 pm
by cottontop
Haven't been on here often. Lots of other projects. Here at home, at mothers place, at daughters place, and with grandsons. Glad to hear Ken is better. Will keep him and his family in my daily prayers. Keeping you there to CL.

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:33 pm
by Newt
Cracker Larry wrote:Great news, I just got a text from Ken and they are sending him home today :D That's all I know.
That's better then bleeding under control. Hope every thing turns out OK.

Newt

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:24 am
by stickystuff
Honey, I'm Home. Not 100 % but have every thing under control. Not had the colonoscopy yet. Will schedule it next week. I had what they call colonitis. Guess thats how they spell it. I really appreciate all the get well wishes etc. Here is actrually what happened. Larry got a little confused on description. I worked on the FS all morning till around 1:00pm. Came in took a shower and was going to kick back aamnd chill. Prob 98 deg. in my shop. I started sweating bullets more than I ever had. Started getting real weak and called the wife. I was in spare bedroom next to bath and told her I felt like I was getting sick to my stomach.With that I ran to bathroom thinking I was going to get sick to my stomach except it came from out down south. Got up and started back to bed. I was so weak I could hardly make it. she said she was going to call ambulance. While she was on phone I made another dash to the pot and while sitting she said I passed out and had to hold me from falling in to bathtub. Doing all this while on phone with emergency operator. managed to get back up and went on the couch to try and relax. paramedics finally got there and took me to Seven rivers Hosp. Great place and only couple miles from house. While being examined I told nurse I got to hit the pot. Just on other side of the cubicle. had the big D again. Again in the next ten min or so. I had to hit it again. this time I noticed some blood in the stool. Told the nurse and she kind of took it like a grain of salt. Went again and this time there was no guessing. The on call doc showed up and examined and set me up for admittance.

Now if you haaave ever spent any time in the hosp. they have these miniture potties on a stand. try to rush and get on one of these with an ugly hosp. gown and jump on an ice cold pot and over shoot it with the force of a B-29.........Well the next is self explanatory. It was a long night.First thing happened was in emergency room. I had to make the call again and pulled the damn IV out of my arm. Blood every where till I got it stopped bleeding.

On just about every hour they had to wake you up. take blood pressure, Take what blood I had left in me and the next is history. Finally had to give up my under shorts and move in to some Big Boy diapers. I went through prob 3 pair through the night. Finally got every thing under control and was able to come home yesterday, Friday. Was getting my chit together and turned around and hooked the frikin hose on my IV and pulled the damn thing out of my arm. Wah a frikin mess. . Put my finger on my vein and went to the door and hollard at my nurse who came in .stoped the bleeding etc. House maid did a hot mop job on floor and bed was stripped. Ain't life grand? Finally after about 3 to 4 hours I was released and got home about 3:00 pm yesterday.

I am not 100 % but getting their.

OH Guess what? I also got the dreaded Cracker Epoxy disease. Looks like a spent the night in the woods with red bugs. I haven't looked like this since I was a kid with the Chicken pox.Been on Benedryl. Makes you sleep good to. End of story. Go see my Primary Doc monday and set up an up scope yob so they can see what going on the inside.
Other than that I will live. don't think the FS14LS will be ready. If any volunteer want o come to crystal River and help feel free. I will be out of action fro a few days or so. Thanks again for all the wishes.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:33 am
by cape man
Man, you get all the fun! Glad your back. Wish I could help on the boat, but between now and Homassassa I'm completely booked solid at work.

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:37 am
by Jeff
Ken, really glad to hear you are home and recovering!! Take the time to rest and stay out of the heat!! Drop us a note tomorrow to let us know how you are getting along!! Again, glad you are better!!!! Jeff

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:27 am
by bateau-webmaster
Definitely good to hear! Welcome back.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:27 pm
by stickystuff
Feeling pretty good. Not 100% yet but able to get out and move around. dealing with the epoxy blues is coming along. Stopped the Benedryl and using some Sarna lotion that my wife had. Seems to be drying up the sores pretty well. Follow up with DR. in the morning then meet with other doc and set up appt. for dreaded colonoscopy. MMM :lol: Can't wait to drink that lovely joy juice.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:51 pm
by Jeff
Ken, you are improving, that is what is most important!!! Keep us updated after you meet with your doctor!! Jeff

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:57 pm
by Aripeka Angler
Ken , great to hear you are on the mend.
That is scary stuff, glad you are recovering.
Bring the unfinished hull to Dade City and I'll finish it for you.
It wouldn't be for the money, I'd do it for free :wink:

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm
by Fuzz
It is good to hear you are recovering.

That is one nice offer Richard! Lots of really good people on this site. :!:

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:09 am
by stickystuff
Wow. Thanks Richard. I will call. You.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:51 pm
by stickystuff
Doing well. Allergy cleared up and back on the boat. Thanks Richard for the offer. I think I can finish it up here. couldn't find a trailer anyway. I have all my tols etc here and know exactly what I want to do. So I appreciate the offer but gonna hang here. :)

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:49 pm
by Jeff
Stickystuff, just take your time and stay out of the heat!! We need you healthy!! Glad you are improving!! See you in Homosassa!! Jeff

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 am
by bateau-webmaster
The latest Pictures from Ken:

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 am
by topwater
Ken it's good to see you back at it , glad you're feeling better 8)

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 pm
by stickystuff
Thanks for all the get well guys. Lots of friends on this site. Sure glad I feel better. If all goes well I will have this thing at the meet. :D

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:59 pm
by jacquesmm
That would be sensational Ken!

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:02 pm
by seaslug
And I thought my work space was tight. You're either rolling the boat outside to work, or you must be really really skinny. Looking great, looking forward to seeing the finished boat in Homasassa. Mike

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:08 am
by stickystuff
No skinny ass here. Slim but not fat. Looking at 187 +- fluctuates. Glad to get it back outside. Only reason inside was the stormy time of year. Been 60 deg last three mornings. Love it. :) :)

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:00 pm
by bateau-webmaster
Another shot from Ken:

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:40 pm
by jacquesmm
If he keeps going at that pace, he will be ready for Homosassa.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:03 pm
by Fuzz
Finished or not I hope you bring it to the meet.
I hope to be able to look and ask lots of questions of all the builders :D

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:51 pm
by seaslug
I can't believe you've already had temps as low as 60. I'm basically straight across the state in Flagler and we haven't dropped below 72 yet at night. I'm just so glad to see the summer end, it was way too hot, and now especially with the storm, it's been comfortable in the house, since I'm still without power. Set me back a little on my build, but I put the 1st coat of Awlgrip on the hull today, so the inside will begin soon. Ken, the boat looks fantastic, gets me excited to flip and continue the build. Curious, are you planning on a portable fuel tank, and have you decided what motor you'll use? I've been looking for a used 15 or 20 long shaft, but haven't found a deal yet. Also, where will you mount your battery? Good work, look forward to seeing it in Homasassa. Mike

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:52 am
by stickystuff
The owner I am building for has all kinds of ideas.He wants to try out diff locations for battery, fuel ,coolers and the like. You say you are in Flagler county. How is the road building going on after the storm wiped out sections of A1A.Have all the hatches, gunnels in place. Have to scribe the gunnel tops, fit every thing and then prime all the parts. Paint the interior of compartments and then epoxy down all the tops. First all the tops need to be sealed with epoxy. Going to take some time to do all this . Switched to medium hardener
. Work fast and it takes less time to cure out. Still have to flip the hull, sand the primer and then paint the bottom.I am not pleased with the compartment tops. I to wide a gap. Router bit was to big. I made the wrong choice in bit size. No prob. will use old tops for template and make two more 1/8" wider all the way around. Easy fix. Going to lose a day today. Wife having other eye surgery for catorac :D s. Got to go. Times awasting.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:55 am
by stickystuff
Best place for a small motor and reliable is (smalloutboards.com ) I have never heard a bad review on this co.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:27 am
by bateau-webmaster
More,

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:58 am
by seaslug
You've got a lot to do in a week for sure, and I'll be slowing down on mine somewhat because the storm messed things up a bit, and now I have repairs to do on a bunch of houses. I don't think they'll have A1A repaired for a year or more, plus we lost 100' off the end of the pier. Still without power this morning, just glad it's breezy and cool, and with a generator, a minor inconvenience in comparison to what other people are dealing with.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 pm
by stickystuff
I imagine Tomoka State Park got tore up pretty bad. My favorite place to camp.Hope you get power pretty soon. I know its a n inconvenience. I used to do ins. repair work I hated it. I used to be a structural damage appraiser for St. Farm Ins.I quit and went to work for a ins repair contractor. Biggest mistake I made. I would have had a nice retirement by now.You coming over next week?Be nice to meet you as well as others.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:55 pm
by seaslug
I haven't heard anything about Tomoka, but I'm sure the tree loss has to extensive. Good chance the store could have been damaged also. Tomoka is one of the nicer campgrounds I've been to, and the fact that you can launch a boat right there is very nice. If you haven't heard of Princess Place Preserve in Flagler county, you need to check it out. There is a canoe launch, so they probably do not allow power boats to launch, but for camping, there isn't a more beautiful place in the state. It's on Pellicer Creek, with access to the intracoastal, with a total of 8 sites, primitive, tents only, no shower facilities, I think $15.00 per night with up to 4 tents per site. The sites are huge, under giant Oaks, with the adjoining sites at least 60 yards away. I used to kayak camp there a lot, but haven't been there in a while....I do plan on coming over next week, although this storm really screwed things up somewhat. And I finally got power today. Yippee. Hope to meet you next week. Mike

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 am
by bateau-webmaster
Full Build thread album, Check back here for updated images.
Imgur Album

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:23 pm
by csotelo
Hi,

Nice boat! I saw your comment on other post about how it handles with a 15HP motor and can´t wait to get my done!

I just finished the glass on the botton and I´ll order the glass for inside.

How did you cut the glass for inside? How many yards of wide cloth did you used?

Thanks,

Carlos

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:53 pm
by stickystuff
The only glass on the inside was on the seams. Glass is an option. Use epoxy primer, sand and paint. I rushed the build trying to get finished in time for the meet. Not my best finish but got it done. Owner only wanted a work boat finish and I tried to do it a little better as time allowed. :?

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am
by Jondavis
I know it’s an old post but I’m also currently building an fs14-last I have my hull glassed and I’m in the fairing process... how does this thing turn with no strakes or extra chines on the bottom? Seems she’s gonna slide a little on me I would like to add some on mine what should I make them out of ?

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:37 pm
by Capt UB
Jondavis wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am I know it’s an old post but I’m also currently building an fs14-last I have my hull glassed and I’m in the fairing process... how does this thing turn with no strakes or extra chines on the bottom? Seems she’s gonna slide a little on me I would like to add some on mine what should I make them out of ?

Hay Jondavis,

You maybe better off asking this question on

Board index ‹Plans and Building ‹Power Boats

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:30 pm
by Jondavis
Okay I appreciate the reply capt ub!