Upcoming HC14 - Plan questions

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Madgar

Re: Upcoming HC14 - Plan questions

Post by Madgar »

Jamie, thank you for doing that. It does answer my question of does the $40 dollar more option for S3 epoxy kit include the EZ FILLET. It appears that kit is the same as the Marine Epoxy kit just with different epoxy. The Silver Tip kit is what includes the EZ Fillet,and much more. Like I said, for $40 it would have been a no brainer but at over twice as much I am not sure which one I'll choose. Honestly, I may try the nicer kit just so I can learn from the nice stuff. In any case, I certainly do appreciate your prompt action to display the upgraded kit. Great service :)

Anyway, I unfortunately found out today (after spending the last 16 hours in the hospital with my wife) that they are backing up her surgery about a month which will probably back me up about a month in 1/2. I will probably start getting my ducks in a row though and start getting the materials within the next few weeks (once I'm sure my bride is moving in the right direction).

Again, thank you. I so look forward to building this and getting away from "real life" for while. I know building this will be great for my mind, even if I'm not sure what I 'm doing 8O

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

No Problem at all, hope everything goes well with the surgery. I almost lost my better 34 when she went in for a tubal, so I know how stressful that kind of stuff can be.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Madjar I can tell you for sure that boat building works well for taking your mind off of other stuff. when you need stress relief a long board does wonders :lol: I hope all goes well for your wife.

Madgar

Post by Madgar »

Fuzz, thank you much for the kind words.

I do believe the sanding may wear me out but I am sure I will still really enjoy the overall building. I really can't explain how much I look forward to this, I'm like a kid getting ready for Christmas. It may sound foolish, but I'm bein truthful. It's been a tough few months watching someone you love suffer so much when just 3 months ago she was runnin 5 miles a day. Hard to comprehend.

Anyway, enough of my whining and thanks so much for the kind thoughts and encouragement. I'm really loving this site :D

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Madgar, terrible situation for your wife and best friend!! We certainly wish the both of you the best!! Jeff

Madgar

Post by Madgar »

Hey Jeff, thank you for the kind words and thoughts. I really didnt want to bring my personal problems to such a positive forum but sometimes my emotions get the best of me. In any case, it's nice to know that people I have not even met are keeping my family in their thoughts. Eventually, these same people will be needed to help me get by build straight 8O .

In all seriousness though, thank you and thank you to all here who have wished my wife the best. She's proven to be a fighter and a strong woman so I believe we will get through this.

Now, lets build a canoe :)
Kevin

Madgar

Post by Madgar »

Well, the wife is finally home from the hospital :D and I'm trying to begin ordering some of the items I need to begin my build (although it's still pretty cold). Anyway, I'm having a little trouble ordering the items I need because it appears the site doesn't recognize my email address. It's confusing because I'm logged in the forum yet the purchasing site doesn't recognize me. Is there something I'm overlooking?

Also, I wanted to load the epoxy kit in the cart and then place additional items in the cart but it sends me to a different page. I now have 2 separate carts, one for the kit and one for all the loose items I want.. Can I get the 2 carts to combine in one so I can see a total? By the way, neither cart's login allows me access.

Any help would be appreciated and it wouldn't surprise me if I'm doing something wrong. My minds been a little squirrelly lately after spending 3 mos. in hospital with wife. 8O

Thanks in advance
Kevin

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Madgar/Kevin, first, very happy that your wife is out of the hospital and we wish her a speedy and complete recovery!!!! Next, take a minute this morning after 9:00 AM EST and call Jamie at 772.770.1225 or just wait until later and call Reid, Jamie or I (Jeff) and we will assist you with your order!!!! Jeff

bateau-webmaster

Post by bateau-webmaster »

Madgar,

The login for all sites is separate, unfortunately. Each separate site has separate shopping carts, though we do plan to integrate the stores in the near future, it is not currently possible due to the limitations of the Ecommerce platform we use. Just keep in mind that the plans, and kits are on one site, the plywood on another, and the rest of the materials on another.

Edit:

Also of note, you can enter your order without logging in, the login is useful for storing your address, and other details for future use, but is otherwise unnecessary to use.

Madgar

Post by Madgar »

Thanks for the reply, also thanks for taking care of me via my phone call. Although I'm a little nervous I am very excited to get going. I know the epoxy portion will have to wait a little for the temp to increase but cutting and shaping will keep me busy. I stopped by the lumber yard and they said my plywood should arrive early next week so hopefully things start thawing out :D

I'll keep you posted with my status as im sure this will be a few month long process while I fit it in between coaching my daughters soccer team. I'd like to be done by June sometime but I know how things go.

So looking forward to it though