Sk 14 SSI Ga

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sk 14 SSI Ga

Post by Jeff »

EDD, nice job on the SK and good performance as well!! Great photos, do you mind if I use a few on them on the website? Jeff

Edd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Edd »

Jeff wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am EDD, nice job on the SK and good performance as well!! Great photos, do you mind if I use a few on them on the website? Jeff
Thanks Sure go ahead 👍🏻

Edd
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Edd »

Jeff wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:35 am EDD, nice job on the SK and good performance as well!! Great photos, do you mind if I use a few on them on the website? Jeff
Just not the messy carport ones haha!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

EDD, Got it and thank you!! Again, nice performance!! Jeff

PapaDave
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by PapaDave »

Nice looking boat.
Dave

mucduc
New Poster
New Poster

Post by mucduc »

Hey Edd

It's cool to see someone building the SK14 in this area. I actually work on Jekyll. I'll actually be there tomorrow. I bought my plans about 2 years ago and finally hoping to start the build soon.

Where did you source the materials? I've called around, but haven't had much luck for wood. I've also considered driving down to Vero Beach to pick up the wood since it's only a few hours away.

Great looking boat.

pee wee
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by pee wee »

mucduc wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:11 pm Where did you source the materials? I've called around, but haven't had much luck for wood. I've also considered driving down to Vero Beach to pick up the wood since it's only a few hours away.
I live in the area and have looked for local sources, all I found was marine fir plywood. I also considered driving down to Vero, it's about a four hour drive each way. Before you do that give them a call and get a quote to ship to the nearest trucking terminal.
Hank

mucduc
New Poster
New Poster

Post by mucduc »

yeah that was what i was able to find too. A place in Jax and Savannah. I dont think either place had anything less that 1/2" thou maybe 3/8", but it has been 2 years since i have looked. I just looked on the plywood.boatbuilder to see the shipping from Vero Beach and for 6 sheets it was $130 freight terminal, $140 commercial, and $230 residential. Then another $40-$70 for shipping for other materials, more if I add a few more things.

So Im thinking it would be better to just make a trip out of it and drive down there.

Jeromesfs14ls
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Jeromesfs14ls »

Very nice work, looks more stable than I had thought that size would be.

Dougster
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Dougster »

Edd, I have the Sk14 with just a trolling motor on the nose and am considering an outboard. I was leaning toward just 5hp but now wonder if that will plane the boat, given your 9.8 horses seem not too much. Yours looks very nice and does seem quite stable as set up. Any thoughts on the 5hp?

Dougster