Question for Jeff and Jacques re MI 12 lapstrake/clinker

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
glossieblack
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Question for Jeff and Jacques re MI 12 lapstrake/clinker

Post by glossieblack »

Jeff and Jacques,

I’m considering a modified MI 12 round chine, changing the rounded profile to a 5 or 6 plank a side glued plywood lapstrake/clinker construction. If I do so, after purchasing your plans, I'll be on my own. But first I need to satisfy myself that I can line out the planks in an aesthetically (to me) pleasing way.

If you are willing to email me the station set-outs at midships and around the end of the rockered bottom, I‘ll be able to decide.

I undertake to treat such set-outs as strictly confidential, and to not use them for construction purposes without purchase of MI 12S plans.
Currently building Jacques Mertens ST21 "Skinnydip". Boating adventures: Splash testing and using 'Skinnydip, as a basis of further building refinement; Adams 44’ sailing sloop "Great Sandy" (cruising and maintaining); Iain Oughtred Feather Pram "Mini Dip" (building); Jacques Mertens R13 "Wood Duck" (built and due for maintenance).