3D image of FS14LS, Jacques?

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

3D image of FS14LS, Jacques?

Post by VT_Jeff »

Is it possible to get an svg or other 3D image of the FS14ls I can use to help with a trailer design?

Thanks,

Jeff
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 3D image of FS14LS, Jacques?

Post by jacquesmm »

I don't like to give out 3D models but you can quickly build one using the stations drawing from the plans.
For a trailer: use the shape of the stringers, that is very simple and bunks will fit perfectly.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

jacquesmm wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:16 pm I don't like to give out 3D models but you can quickly build one using the stations drawing from the plans.
I'll try that, thanks. I'm building a Franken-trailer for the boat and motorcycle for our long trips. Trying to determine exactly how they will interface is the challenging part.

This is what it looks like for the driftboat setup.
FrankenTrailer.jpg
This is just a bottom-of-the-line Tractor Supply trailer to which I added a red-neck MC carrier, bunks, bow stop, winch and converted the tounge to a longer A-frame. For the FS14LS, I'm going to use a much wider axle so that the MC and boat will both be within the fenders, this is a 3d rough sketch:
MCTRailer.JPG
As always, any opinions welcome.

Jeff
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

It was "fairly" easy.....Not perfect but allows me to visualize the boat and bike on the trailer.
BoatAndBike.JPG

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

You have the plan and profile, that gives you all the dimensions you need. There is no need for a 3D model to construct some hull blocking on the trailer but if you want it, it is easy to rebuild the whole 3D shape from the plans. Start with our baseline, add the frames and transom and you have a full lines plan in 3D. It should take a good CAD operator about 10 minutes.

I understand that it fun to play with a 3D model, I do that too even when it is no necessary: from parts for my boats to garden planters.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com