FS-13 transom arc question

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FS-13 transom arc question

Post by jonnymac »

Jaysen wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:01 am Just because something it 15" long does not mean it is 15" long. Most women will support that statement. outboard motor shafts seem to suffer the same "verifiable length" issues as us men :)

Make sure you look at actual specs that should show the length from mount "top" to nav plate. I've found that there is a several inch variation between manufactures. Granted I'm looking at little motors but an fs13 won't be needing anything much bigger than my 6hp.
Fortunately I'm going to be using a trolling motor when I am using the motor, and it's shaft length can be long when I want it long and short when I want it short :)

Thanks everyone for the responses. I realized I'm way over thinking this. I'm going to make it arbitrarily bigger arc and then after i get the boat somewhat assembled. I'll put the trolling motor on and trim appropriately. more than half of the time this is going to be paddled anyway.

jonnymac
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: FS-13 transom arc question

Post by jonnymac »

VT_Jeff wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:44 am
jonnymac wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:36 am so this is what the listed plan measurements look like drawn out. the giant arc is the one listed on plan. the dark middle arc is what i get when i get when i pickup the arc length based on listed edge. the small arc is i thought maybe the first digit of plan arc was a typo
Extend the centerline down. Put the compass pencil on one of the top corners and the nail on the extended centerline, then draw your arc.
Thank you! I don't know why I didn't think this.