Glass Weave for non-skid

Boats up to 15' for oars, power or sail. Please include the boat type in your question.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Glass Weave for non-skid

Post by Jaysen »

cracked_ribs wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am But there's a little bit of boatbuilding mixed in with the harrowing descent into sex, violence, and rabbits. If you like that kind of thing.
well, there goes fuzz... for the boat building part exclusively. 😛
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

cracked_ribs wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am harrowing descent into sex, violence, and rabbits.
UNSUBSCRIBE!
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Completed Paul Butler 14' Clark Fork Drifter
Completed Jacques Mertens FS14LS + 10%, Build Thread
Started Iain Oughtred Tammie Norrie

cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by cracked_ribs »

I designed my own boat. This is the build thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=65349

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

cracked_ribs wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:03 pm Image
I think you need to move it ---> that way a bit more
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by cracked_ribs »

In my defense, I am currently eating lunch exactly like a regular human earth person would do, which is what I am also, a regular human earth person. This can be corroborated with several blurry photos of a child in the mid-1980s that is definitely me.

We also have eyewitness testimony by me as I was there during the atmospheric entry phase of a regular human reproductive cycle which resulted in my completely standard arrival amongst the regular human population of earth, just like a normal earth baby when it enters the atmosphere that we are all used to breathing normally each day.

No reason for everyone to get all suspicious and start making phone calls anywhere or anything.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by VT_Jeff »

cracked_ribs wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:17 pm In my defense, I am currently eating lunch exactly like a regular human earth person would do, which is what I am also, a regular human earth person. This can be corroborated with several blurry photos of a child in the mid-1980s that is definitely me.

We also have eyewitness testimony by me as I was there during the atmospheric entry phase of a regular human reproductive cycle which resulted in my completely standard arrival amongst the regular human population of earth, just like a normal earth baby when it enters the atmosphere that we are all used to breathing normally each day.

No reason for everyone to get all suspicious and start making phone calls anywhere or anything.
"a regular human earth person. "

Sounds perfectly natural.

I need to pull out an old laptop before I look at your 'gram profile.
There are only two seasons in Vermont: boating season, and boat-building season.

Chenier
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Chenier »

Well, clearly the non-skid didn't work for this thread. :lol:

cracked_ribs
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by cracked_ribs »

I blame the OP. You start a thread that doesn't include a MK troller with Spot Lock, you're just asking for me to show up and set it adrift.

VT_Jeff
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: Glass Weave for non-skid/MK troller with SpotLock

Post by VT_Jeff »

Fixed!

seaslug
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by seaslug »

I used 3/8" Okoume for the decks on my 4 builds, all using 1 layer of 6oz. woven, which leaves very little weave to fill. Primer and an epoxy paint like Awlgrip with the non skid holds up incredibly well, and is very grippy. My FS18 with almost 5 years of constant use shows no sign of wear. On my sailboat I think I added one coat of Awlgrip after many years of use. No sanding necessary to recoat an old worn deck, just roll on the paint and add non skid.