O'Day 20 Rebuild and Refit

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Re: O'Day 20 Rebuild and Refit

Post by Jaysen »

I’ve looked at the sources and they are hosted offsite and out of our control.

As to the sailboat work... there are a few of us around. I’m starting on a “new to me” very late ‘70s Helms 24. Feel free to start a thread for your work and we will all chip I. As our knowledge allows.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jpalmer415
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Jpalmer415 »

Thanks, VT_Jeff and Fiz, Sorry to hear about Larry. I bought a 1974 Oday 20 real cheap and plan to begin this spring to completely rebuild. Just interested in pics and ideas of what others have done and how to avoid pitfalls. I have been sailing an Oday Daysailor for several years but my wife and I wanted a bit bigger, drier, and with a berth for overnighting. We do mostly lake sailing and a couple of times a year blue water sailing in the Texas coastal bays.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Open GK108's user profile and try sending him an email. He's been off here for years, but may still have the same email.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman