Master Marine 28' stringer question

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
FitzFisher
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Master Marine 28' stringer question

Post by FitzFisher »

Not riding or fishing....still working my ass off to get done by May. Check my build thread...I am getting close though. Glad I dont live in a hoa zone....that would suck...hope you get back at it soon.
Tg
You are what you is! And I is Done!

doug42190
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by doug42190 »

Fitz,
I checked out your build and left a comment. Great job seems like not enough to say!
Doug

cbdigh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by cbdigh »

Did this boat ever get completed?

jacquesmm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by jacquesmm »

Maybe. Some builders finish the boat and go fishing without telling us about the end result.
Jacques Mertens - Designer
http://boatbuildercentral.com

doug42190
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by doug42190 »

Hello everyone,
I am finally back. I expect to be back in the saddle with this boat starting next month. It has been about 3 and a half years since I was able to work on the project. It sat in my back yard all of that time -- like a whining puppy calling me back to finish the project. So much life happened. Some of it pretty lousy, some of it pretty good. The boat, my shop, and all my supplies have been relocated back to Virginia. We still live in NC but our house is on the market. I have been gearing up to launch a full assault on this project and get it wet by April 1, 2018. That is a very ambitious goal -- one I will work hard to reach. The problem is that it is 10 hours round trip to the boat and back.
I have done no further work since I last posted in March of 2014. So no one has missed anything. I am really looking forward to getting back into this project -- I want to use this boat so bad I can taste it.
I hope some old friends will stop by and check in and that some new ones will stop in and introduce themselves. I still need a great deal of help, insight and ideas. I look forward to wrapping this project up and putting some fish on the deck. Everyone is welcome to join in.
It is good to be back.
Doug

Eric1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Eric1 »

Glad you can get back to her. :)

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Read through the whole thread. Be good to see you back at it.

topwater

Post by topwater »

Glad you made it back , i love that hull :!:
Novi 23 finally launched !

doug42190
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by doug42190 »

Thank you topwater, Fuzz, and Eric1 for the warm and surprisingly quick welcome back. I have been desperate to get back to the project. I am crazy about the potential I believe is in this hull as an offshore fishing machine. I can't wait to put her through her paces.
I will depend on all of you who are willing to help me do it right the first time to join in.
Great to be back.
Doug

memorablemoose
New Poster
New Poster

Post by memorablemoose »

The boat was ahead of its time in design, appearance, and performance. Fleets of them prowled the tuna grounds during the commercial season and encouraged a new following. New England's serious fishermen liked the lines, accommodating ride, HUXIAO 170F A POWERFUL FIGHTER FOR GT MONSTERS - HUX170F-XXX, trailerability, and durability of Master's big center console. Before long, they were placing orders, too.