1971 170 Aquasport Rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 1971 170 Aquasport Rebuild

Post by Jeff »

Really enjoy this rebuild Rick!! Happy New Year!! Jeff

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

In the previous post I talked about going to get the battery terminals crimped on - I had my power pole zip tied closed since I didn't have any hydraulic fluid in it yet. I was paying attention to how the trailer was riding since I had new bearings and had also replaced the rubber spring for a lighter weight one on each side. I hit a bump on I-75 and all of a sudden I saw the power pole go down 8O . I had just hit the off ramp but the ramp was lined with cones so it took about a 1/4 mile until I could actually pull off :help:.
I'm going to guess that I lost an inch or two. Guess the zip ties are not that strong. :?

But nothing a grinder can't fix

The wind is so strong today (and yesterday) that I took the tarp down. Good chance for a glamour shot with the rub rail on.

Still have hatches to put hinges on. Will probably splash her next weekend if the weather is nice. Still running double oil in the gas so I can't be too wild with it for another 9 hours or so to break the head in.

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

Got her wet today!! Got to spend a couple hours in her, mostly idling - needs some timing tweeks or something. Running rough as I run her up in RPM and where it should jump up on plane (2+k) it starts really stuttering. Had a flat bulb on the fuel line at first, took the screen off the end of the tube in the tank and that fixed that problem but the rpm problem is still there. Has 1.2 hours on the motor now. Has double oil in the small tank.