Sintes 21 Rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Sintes 21 Rebuild

Post by fallguy1000 »

The weather here has been bizarre. The ground just started to freeze on Saturday, really late. But we are getting cold blast now and Friday the high is 19F. Minneapolis.. Yesterday my kid and I went to lunch and the bigger ponds were not frozen over yet.

The gelcoat on the Whaler has quite a few alligators and cracks and I tried to use stripper on the paint, but it started to eat gelcoat, so I stopped. Gonna sand the whole boat rough and glass it on the outside and paint. Inside, going to just gouge out the gelcoat where cracked, fair and paint.

Good luck with that boat. I can't wait to see it finished.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

cape man

Post by cape man »

The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Just remember next summer when you guys are too hot to move we will be loving life :lol:
I do wish I could figure out a way to snowbird to down there :P

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Fallguy,
Good luck with the whaler. Those 13 foot ones are handy like a pocket on a shirt. I have done repair work on both a 13 and a 17 foot model. I was shocked about how thin the glass is on them. The 17 footer had about a foot of its nose beat off on a dock and the 13 footer had its keel worn totally through for about a foot from running up on the beach. Start a thread and post pictures. I would really like to see how you fix the whaler up :!:
I dream of getting the 21 done before spring but I do not think the weather or my body is going to let me :cry: But either way I am going to plug along at it winter and see what happens :D

Frank_HdG
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Frank_HdG »

Love the lines...look familiar (http://www.anglersedgemarine.com/Page.a ... 2-Bay.aspx)

I'll be watching this one.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Frank_HdG wrote:Love the lines...look familiar (http://www.anglersedgemarine.com/Page.a ... 2-Bay.aspx)

I'll be watching this one.
Frank both of our boats do look a lot alike so we can keep an eye on each other :lol:
I looked at the link you gave and then went to Utube and looked at a Sintes boat and yes I do believe that one came from his design. Dave did a lot of different designs over the years.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Well I got my addition to my work area done. It is amazing how well two layers of plastic with an air gap will hold heat.

I got the first round of fairing done on one section. I am doing it in sections so I feel like I am making progress.
Some how when sanding this hull it grows from 21 feet to something over 50 feet :doh: At least it feels that way to me :help:

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, glad you have a nice, warm area to work!! Happy holidays, Jeff

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Does that boat have the c-flex?

Edit - I see that it does..Starting to look good. Yeah, that air gap is a good insulator for temporary work.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jeff wrote:Fuzz, glad you have a nice, warm area to work!! Happy holidays, Jeff

Happy holidays to you and yours also Jeff. and all the rest of the folks on here.

I might have a warm place to work but this time of the year I could be talked into trading you places :D