Sintes 21 Rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Sintes 21 Rebuild

Post by Fuzz »

fallguy1000 wrote:Does that boat have the c-flex?

Edit - I see that it does..Starting to look good. Yeah, that air gap is a good insulator for temporary work.

This is the first C-Flex boat I ever built. It was not a bad way to go 30 years ago but not sure it still is. I do know it is now where as much fun as they way they are done here. Plus there is no support group like here and that makes a world of difference.

When I was much younger and full of energy I build this one also. It is 32x13. Not a very good finish on it but not needed for a work boat.

cape man

Post by cape man »

Had to look up C-flex.... Interesting. Boat is looking good. Weather looks like it sucks! 8) 8)

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Ka ... K0123:1:US
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

cape man wrote:Had to look up C-flex.... Interesting. Boat is looking good. Weather looks like it sucks! 8) 8)

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Ka ... K0123:1:US
Sucks is a good word :lol: I hope that weather forecast is accurate, I have not seen it above zero here at the house in a while.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

The boat picture is a few years old. We do not have that much snow yet. Maybe if it warms up it will snow some.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Maybe if it warms up it will snow some.
And that kids is why we live in the south!

I know it's true, but the idea that it needs to warm up to snow is just ... ... nuts. I know it's a beautiful place but I don't know how you folks survive up there.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Well I admit this time of the year can be a little chilly but with good clothes and heaters it is not that hard to stay warm. Don't tell anyone. I like living in a state that has one square mile for every person living there. And as much as I liked being down south I am sure I could not handle the summer weather there. I could be a classic snowbird if given the chance though :D

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Well I guess it is time to confess to my sins. I planned on using system3 and quick fair on the bottom of my boat and that is what I am doing. My sin is I let the glass supplier talk me into using vinyl ester and his fairing puddy on the sides. So I worked on one side and did like I was told. Problem was the S**T never kicked and got hard. :oops: Crap was so soft there was no way to sand it so I ended up taking a chisel and scrapping 21 foot by 26 inches of hull with a 1/2 inch chisel :help: To top it off I got to break out the grinder and cover my shop with poly dust AGAIN :oops: :( Taking a break from the boat before I return to drinking. On second thought I do believe a little rum is called for :lol:

Jaysen if you read this no matter how much you think you might have screwed up this should make you feel better :wink:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Quick question. After washing your hull how long do you let it dry before glassing on it?

topwater

Post by topwater »

Fuzz looks like Mr Murphy bit you right in the A$$ :( Dude you know better :wink:
I know you just retired and you are looking for things to keep you busy but dam man i can think of better things
to do than scrape that crap off a hull 8)
Novi 23 finally launched !

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote:Jaysen if you read this no matter how much you think you might have screwed up this should make you feel better :wink:
I'n your defense, you were using unknown product from a source that had to "talk you into" it. Let's call it "his fault" this time!

And for the record, the fact that guys like you do this is what has me terrified. If you can do it, what chance do I have of a "f me!" free build?
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.