DAYTRIPs Bertram 28 Strech

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: DAYTRIPs Bertram 28 Strech

Post by Fuzz »

You do amazing work Daytrip. Hard to believe this one might turn out nicer than the last one. And that you do it under a shade tree impresses me even more.

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Thanks fuzz!

Rickk
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Rickk »

Looking good DT. I had to google the Tuna tubes to see how they work. I don't see them over here much (or I just don't get out much :wink: )

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Thanks Rick, the tubes are not super common but they are great way to keep the baits alive and lines separate. With the ability to fish two kites with 3 baits each it makes it tough to move without derigging or dumping them in the well and getting lines wrapped up.

Seabird254
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Seabird254 »

super cool. Whats your plan on the sea chest setup? What kind of gph are you going to run on those tubes? Waterfall straight onto the bracket deck?

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Not sure on the pump size for the tubes. Minimum 1000 gph but likely a 2000. The sea chest will have two pumps. One feeding the live well and one feeding tubes.

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Hi guys, I am repowering the boat and will be selling the Yamahas. They are low hours, under 600 I believe, 30”, 2006 TUR 250s. They run great and have been well maintained. I have an issue on the port motor that I will be investigating. Found some water in oil. Suspect the head gasket is compromised. Will take apart and confirm/ replace. Gauges harneses go with. No binnacle unless you are interested in the teleflex digital controls. Sell the engines for 5k each. Given me a buzz if you are interested.

Jim. 561-719-0317

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

That is a pretty good deal I'd say.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Mbiggerstaff
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Mbiggerstaff »

Just out of curiosity why are you repowering. I’m getting closer on my outboard conversion and am starting to look at power plant.

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Hi mike,

Been batting it around for a while. The Yamahas are perfectly fine just getting old. I am amazed at the condition of them to be honest. That said I just “feel “better with newer power. I have thought about it since the mercury v8s hit the market. Going to the 300. I think it will be a bit much at top end but great DJ or cruise and hauling the mail.

I do have the port engine apart. Looks like salt built up in port head cooling passage. Only the last 3 “. It must have overheated the gasket locally and water had a path to the oil circuit. The engine never overheated so it is odd. Luckily I check the oil often. Fixing that this weekend

How is yours looking?