DAYTRIPs Bertram 28 Strech

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DAYTRIPs Bertram 28 Strech

Post by Jeff »

Nice work DayTrip!! Jeff

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Thanks fellas

Seabird254
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Seabird254 »

Another awesome build. Loving the hatch drains.

I reread the other thread and couldn’t find it mentioned so figured I would ask. Do you core the actual transom like a normal transom would be or does it become a false transom and the bracket transom is all that is needed? Also what is the layup schedule on your bracket stringers?

Keep up the great work.

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

Hey seabird,

I think I outlined the layup schedule somewhere above. It is 6 skins per side of the clamping bracket, stringers are the same. The tub is 8 skins. All 1708. The transom on this will be cored but not to carry bracket. I have some 2” foam I will use. All load goes thru stringers for the most part. There is one area that I cored with 1” meranti to support any load coming from tub vertical section.

Seabird254
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Seabird254 »

Thanks for the info. I would like to do the same to my mako. I will probably do a normal transom layup just for piece of mind then run the stringers through that.

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

There is a thread on here where we did a bracket on my nephews 221. Helping my neighbor right now with his 224. Did his transom in coosa 2-1” pieces and will build a bracket at some point soon

lelandtampa
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by lelandtampa »

Anyone else dying to see this updated?

Mike Garone
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mike Garone »

lelandtampa wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 pm Anyone else dying to see this updated?
Hell yeah!

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder »

Ha, yes!

DAYTRIP
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by DAYTRIP »

It has been a while! Floors are in, all glassed with the exception of one small section. You can see the layout of the area under the console a bit better now. Had to do the step to keep the width of my gunnels. fourth image are the tuna tubes for the transom. This will make live baiting a lot easier when it comes time to make a move. Final image is the most current layout.

Also ground all the hull sides and added a layer of 1700. Will begin the construction of the cap next. Will first install outrigger supports every 4', less in some areas. Once they are installed I will fair the hull sides. Then I will install the bolster. The cap itself will be glassed and faired on the underside off the boat. Then I will fillet it on the underside to the bolser and outrigger supports. That will give me a nice finished look. Then everything will be glassed on the top side. Up the bolster, over the top of the cap and onto the hull side in the rub rail area. Then she will be ready to flip.

Last edited by DAYTRIP on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.