1981 Dolphin 20' Commercial

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: 1981 Dolphin 20' Commercial

Post by cape man »

Absolutely beautiful work. Love the hatches.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

MSRiver
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by MSRiver »

Was able to start plumbing in the drainage. We ended up going with this scupper slough boxes since we arent real sure of the water line. In the case we are a little low the holes can be plugged and let out to drain when running. If everything drains as it should we did add the flaps to help the back flow of water in the boat. Also helped putting a top on it so that we can also use that as some dry storage of bags or whatever.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

It sure is fun to watch someone with almost as much fairing as me...things look great.

If anyone had told me sandpaper was gonna cost me a grand, I would never have built her.

But I am glad. If you can build a boat like these; you can do most anything.

Best of luck fairing. I learned using 45 degree strokes and marking things with a pencil really sped up my work. And I was still slow. I also learned to finish all the fair surfaces before filling corners inside or out and that also sped up the job. The sheetrocker I had here did that in reverse and it took us longer because he tried to find the corners instead of letting the corners find a fair surface..if that makes any sense.

I have the helm riser to finish now..

But we hit 60 degrees today, so doors are open and paint is dryin.

I'm not fully sure what all you have going with the holes in the back.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495