Privateer Retriever Rebuild

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Privateer Retriever Rebuild

Post by boguesounder »

I splashed the boat on June 8th. It was fun and a bit of a family celebration. I've been really happy with the performance - hops on plane with ease, goes as fast as I need, two bean bags fit nicely in the bow for my kids. It gets in super skinny well - which is most of my home waters and has done well on the ocean on reasonable days. I think I got really lucky on the Yamaha I found. I looked forever for that and am glad it worked out. The trolling motor is sweet. It is the first anchor lock trolling motor I've had - quite nice.

I have not done the best job of documenting all of the small jobs at the end that helped make things look complete. Since my last post I wired the boat (nav lights, panel, ff, etc.), installed livewell, trolling motor, glassed down that starboard box in the stern and added misc accessories. I made a lot of effort to put no screws in the deck. I still have a few things to add and small mods to complete but am going to just use it as is until winter.

I've really enjoyed this project and am already daydreaming about my next. I have a short list of hulls I'm on the hunt for. Boat addiction is a serious problem...

Thanks for all the input and encouragement along the way. I've enjoyed hearing from several Privateer owners as a result of this thread and hope it will serve to help others along the way. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments. Big thanks to Boat Builder Central for hosting this forum. It is a great resource that I've enjoyed for a long time.

A few pics to end this thread.

My epoxied pants! ha.

Few glamour shots:

Mr Pamlico
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mr Pamlico »

She looks great. Lots of pretty work there.

cape man
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by cape man »

Don't end the thread. Keep posting your adventures. You did an awesome job.
The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before - Neil Gaiman

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very well done!! Congrats, Jeff

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder »

Thanks for the kind words!

Cape Man - sure thing. I'll add to as I go along. Already planning lots of adventures I plan on using the boat for in and beyond my local waters. Fall fishing is just around the corner! :D

Look forward to helping these two continue to be on the water as much as possible:

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Yes please keep posting. I love it when a rebuild turns out so nice.