Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Post by fallguy1000 »

That is awesome man. Thanks for sharing.

I think it deserves a youtube and the texas hold em method a fitting title.
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder »

Looking good. I found that area tricky also.

Will it be relatively easy to swap out your water separator after everything is closed up? Looks like a tight fit between top of hull and bottom of filter?

Thanks for the photo updates.

Love the Texas hold em examples.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

I like the texas hold em method!!

got it templated and fitted the other day

in regards to the filter housing, plenty of room for removal and install, appears tight in pic but plenty of room to drop it in and out I performed it by hand and with filter straps etc multiple times to be certain.

I am just trying to go for as clean of a rigging look as I can, I want one rigging hose coming from the engine, eliminating flopping fuel lines fuel balls filter housings and all that crap that dangles and hangs.

Should have the port and starboard templates cut tomorrow and fitted, hell I may even glass them in this weekend!!! (doubtful haha).

Looking forward in regards to cleanliness of rigging, I know I will need to figure out how my hydraulic lines are going to fit into my rigging tube and how/where they enter the deck, and I am also kicking the idea around of a jackplate.

I know nothing about jackplates and have been trying to do some reading on them, would want minimal offset off the transom if possible (4"), no auxiliary pump, all in one unit. Will be holding a 350lb ish proxs 115 merc.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

https://bobsmachine.com/product/4-setba ... ate-300hp/

ok with running remote pump, want minimal offset off the transom. This should work no?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Is there a reason you will be making lots of height adjustments to the motor? I ask because the manual one works great for getting dialed in and is lots cheaper.

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Fuzz wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:17 pm Is there a reason you will be making lots of height adjustments to the motor? I ask because the manual one works great for getting dialed in and is lots cheaper.
2nd that..
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

The creek my dock will sit on gets pretty shallow.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

half a sheet short!! making good progress though.

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

For me life is so much better when I have a flat place to walk on. Deck is looking good.

Mr Pamlico
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mr Pamlico »

I am going with a jack plate and trying to have my rigging as clean as possible as well. I plan on building a box in the back corner to run my rigging out of. Not a big box for storage but just to run my rigging. The rigging tube will run to it and I will be using plates from seastar to run my hydraulic lines out of the box as well. I am going with a 6 inch seastar jack plate. It is a self contained unit with the pumps on the jack plate. I plan on having the 2 relays in the console and just running the 2 wires back to the jack plate. We run a jack plate on my uncles 21 Parker and it is a big help maneuvering in shallow water