Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Another Privateer Roamer Skiff

Post by boguesounder »

Nice, you putting trim tabs on this one?

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

trim tabs and custom spray rails i reckon.

boguesounder
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by boguesounder »

Cool, really looking forward to watching this one develop. I know you will do it up right. How is the guy advancing your cap rebuild?

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

Couple updates: console arrived, leaning post 1 week out. Main rigging tube installed, still need to run my small tube that will direct the fuel pick up line through the center hatches to the fuel water sep. Bilge hose /hull breather tubes mocked up, two coats of bilge paint in the bilge/dry storage/fuel tank regions. Ran down to my local mom and pop marine store in Rock Hall, knew they could use the funds at this time more than any, picked up my 1.5" fill, 5/8" vent, 3/8" fuel line, fuel water sep, fill neck gas cap thru hull, vent thru hull, and a million clamps and fuel barbs.

cap still getting worked on. Almost bought a motor but I’m going to wait, but i may not wait :help:

Hope to mount the tank here soon, just need to order a 90 degree 1.5" fuel fill and a splice. After the tank goes down I will be extremely close to templating the floor, I ordered a nice 10x20 carport tent that I should of ordered months ago, got it all set up yesterday and strapped down and anchored, no excuse now especially with the nicer weather here as of late.

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Coming along very nicely. Your work looks good. And good on you for giving the little guy your money.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

Appreciate it fuzz means a lot!

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Very nice work!! Great progress, Jeff

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

thanks jeff, got up this morning and that Petit EZ Bilge is super rock hard, impressed. Going to throw one more coat on it and call it a day. Need to run my chase tube to the bow for lights/speakers but am going to wait to get all those tubes finalized until the leaning post arrives, I am a super visual guy and need to lay things out and look at them for a few hours/days before I anchor in a decision on placements of console/leaning/hatches/etc.

Slickcav
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Slickcav »

I know its been a while, sold our house, bought a small farm (house-less), building a barn, building a house, need a dock, had another baby, moved in with my parents temporarily etc. Time/focus/motivation on the teer has been few and far between.

As far as updates go:

Tank is installed, new fuel line/chase box fabbed up and glassed into the hullsides, all fuel lines ran, fuel filter mounted (below decks/hidden). Cap was re-cored and re-installed which was a bitch to get to fit back on my lord, ended up having to cut off the bow repair area that we had pulled a shape for off the bow to repair the bow cap region it which did not fit when it came time to reinstall, so cut that off, fixed it, Ground down the gel coat off the cap, going to flat board/sand the cap and lay a layer of 1208 overtop here shortly. Floor is templated with Luan strips currently and I picked up some corrugated sign board sheets yesterday from HD to trace the template on and test fit, cut my hatches out etc before transferring those onto the 3/4" Merranti.

Hope to get the floor in soon and keep things moving along.
Last edited by Slickcav on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Congrats Slickcav!!! A lot going on with you and your family!! Congrats again!! Jeff