1992 SeaPro 170DC Floor Repairs

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
SDyeti
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: 1992 SeaPro 170DC Floor Repairs

Post by SDyeti »

Been a minute....new appreciation for all the boat builders being discovered as I SLOWLY progress through this repair.

Got the floor supports and new floor boards coated with epoxy a week or so ago. Got the supports taped in a few days ago with a couple of layers. Then yesterday got the floor boards epoxyied, (mostly) fileted, and first round of taping done.

Feels like building from scratch would be easier than trying to repair previously done stuff. Definitely think the next boat will be a home built boat. Tired of dealing with factory and PO work on this and previous boats.

https://imgur.com/gallery/gSkB9c7

SDyeti
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by SDyeti »

Back at it now.

Most of last year was a lost cause. The outboard was being "problematic" at best. Spent more time attempting to wrench on it then fishing and I've had enough of that. Working on getting it repowered soon. In anticipation of a new 4 stroke I've ordered a custom fuel tank through BBC and have been getting it installed over the last week or so.

The new tank is 18 gallons and just fits the space as designed. The old tank that was in there was Moeller 12 gallon thing and I also had an extra 12 gallon tank topside. Both of those will now be gone.
Attachments
IMG_20210110_151016.jpg
PXL_20210108_192036722.jpg
PXL_20201218_073329407.jpg

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Yep when you take apart even "name" brand boats it is amazing how crappy some of them were put together. Money was spent to make them look good but be good not so much.