Lost my mind

Questions about boat repairs with our resins and fiberglass: hull patches, transoms and stringers, foam, rot etc.
Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lost my mind

Post by Jeff »

Fuzz, you choice but I think it should be in the rebuild section as many people never read the bilge!!! Jeff

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Dan you and any of the others that make it to Alaska are welcome to come fish. Momma loves to fish and I do to so it does not take much of a reason to get us to go.
Dan, do it (in summer)! Fuzz's area is amazing. I'm sure you are used to the mountains out your way, but there is something ... intimidating ... about being on a boat, looking at a cliff a couple of hundred feet away, and seeing it go right up to the feet of God. As much as I hate the cold, I actually understand why someone would live there.
Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Jaysen you are thinking about fishing out of Homer. Pretty sure the weather was nice when we were in Seward.
I wasn't sure which one it was. They all blend together into a stream of great memories that has me anxious to get up there with the Mrs and show her all the things you showed me... in the summer. All I can say is that a week hanging with you and the crew pretty much ruined my desire to never go higher than 34°N. :)
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
Currently working on making a Helms 24 our coastal cruiser.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Fuzz wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Jaysen you are thinking about fishing out of Homer. Pretty sure the weather was nice when we were in Seward.
A quick look at maps.google and I agree. Was it Seldovia that we overnighted on the water?

The depressing thing, in looking at the maps, is realizing just how sheltered all that water you had me in is. I know I green up easy, but at least down here I get pretty far out before I get as bad as you had me.
My already completed 'Lil Bit'. A Martens Goosen V12 set up to sail me to the fishing holes.
“Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens” wrote:Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.
Jaysen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:44 pm I tried to say something but God thought I was wrong and filled my mouth with saltwater. I kept my pie hole shut after that.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Jeff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 pm Fuzz, you choice but I think it should be in the rebuild section as many people never read the bilge!!! Jeff
Let me know and I can move it.

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Jaysen, I will leave this to Fuzz!!! Thank you, Jeff

Fuzz
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Post by Fuzz »

Jeff wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 pm Fuzz, you choice but I think it should be in the rebuild section as many people never read the bilge!!! Jeff
Since this is not really like what we do on this site I did not want to be out of place with this. But if it ok with you I will start a thread in the rebuild section. I do not know how to move this, maybe Jaysen could help?

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:37 pm
A quick look at maps.google and I agree. Was it Seldovia that we overnighted on the water?

The depressing thing, in looking at the maps, is realizing just how sheltered all that water you had me in is. I know I green up easy, but at least down here I get pretty far out before I get as bad as you had me.
While that area looks pretty sheltered it is open to west wind. And during the summer west wind is what we normally get. Most mornings it is pretty calm but it likes to blow up in the afternoon. The area is shallow enough that it tends to form nasty short sided waves that just beat you up. Seward is deep and can have giant swells but most times they are not so nasty.
What we were Jaysen was those nasty short sided waves that just toss you all around.

With Jeff's permission go ahead and move this if you can, thanks.

Jaysen
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by Jaysen »

Moved!

OrangeQuest
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by OrangeQuest »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 pmMoved!
Thank you, I perfer not jumping into the bilge just to read about a boat restoration! A very interesting boat restoration! And I think Fuzz's methods on tackling this monster will be informative and fun!
"that it isn't just an ordinary sort of boat. Sometimes it's a Boat, and sometimes it's more of an Accident. It all depends." "Depends on what?" "On whether I'm on the top of it or underneath it."
A. A. Milne

Fuzz

Post by Fuzz »

Jaysen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 pmMoved!
No matter what them other guys say you are pretty handy to have around :wink: