Cameron's FS14LS+5%

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Cameron's FS14LS+5%

Post by bamaguy0 »

Thanks! The lines weeble wobble around a bit...Could have been prevented with a laser level, but it'll be mostly inconspicuous once flipped over.

Mojosmantra
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mojosmantra »

That’s a really interesting move. I’ve been researching the epoxy/graphite subject and haven’t come across a narrow “keel guard” approach like that. If I recall, you also have full bottom coverage under the paint too, right?

Jeff
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Nice work!!! Jeff

bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Mojosmantra wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:39 am That’s a really interesting move. I’ve been researching the epoxy/graphite subject and haven’t come across a narrow “keel guard” approach like that. If I recall, you also have full bottom coverage under the paint too, right?
Yeah the whole bottom is covered under the paint, but didn't want an entirely black bottom.

bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

First coat of primer on the console.

My buddy that has helped with flips has been out of pocket, so I convinced my wife to help with the flip. Things got a little hairy about halfway, but we were able to get her back over in one piece.

Onwards and upwards!

bamaguy0
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by bamaguy0 »

Progress has been slow this week.

On the boat, I cut and installed 50% of the sole cleats. Mostly got all the easy ones out of the way before the ones along the Frames B and D that have no real reference for positioning. I made some chase tube supports, just need to get those bonded in place.

Most of the time spent this week was on the console and figuring out where all the holes needed to go. Cut it all out today. I still have the round one on the seat bottom to finish opening up to size.

Left side opening is a fire extinguisher cabinet. Right side is the throttle, the forward seat back is just an access to the inside for electrical connections. Seat bottom is fuel tank access and the back bottom is a hatch to access the fuze block and battery switch.

TomW1
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by TomW1 »

Looking good guy. Tom
Restored Mirror Dinghy, Bought OD18 built by CL, Westlawn School of Yacht Design courses. LT US Navy 1970-1978