knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

To help other builders, please list the boat you are building in the Thread Subject -- and to conserve space, please limit your posting to one thread per boat.

Please feel free to use the gallery to display multiple images of your progress.
fallguy1000
* Bateau Builder - Expert *

Re: knottyBuoyz III The TW28 Project

Post by fallguy1000 »

I am using a diesel heater as well. How would one shield a diesel supply line?

I am using the Webasto tsl17000 boiler with two radiator heaters and a run into my water heater. fyi
My boat build is here -------->

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62495

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:14 am I am using a diesel heater as well. How would one shield a diesel supply line?
I'm thinking electrical conduit would work. Still more research. I do have some Aeroquip fuel line covering but not enough.
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Just some of the happenings around the boat shed.

1. Drilled hole in bottom for raw water intake. Back filled with epoxy, microspheres and milled fibers. Double later glued in place.

2. Working on dry fit of exhaust components.

Ordered some more parts to complete both the raw water intake and the exhaust. Tomorrow I'll locate the position for the exhaust out let and dry fit the Vetus Gooseneck etc.

Standby...
Yours Aye! Rick
"It's not the boat "you built" until you've sworn at it, bled on it, sweated over it, cried beside it and then threatened to haul the POS outside and burn it!"

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

More progress on exhaust system.

Progress is steady but a lil' slow. Seem to spend a lotta time looking for parts I know I bought and searching the web for parts I need. Every marine supplier I tried in Canada couldn't supply the parts I needed so had to look south of the border. Which sux 'cause I'll get charged a brokerage fee. :roll:

Standby....
Yours Aye! Rick

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

How you keep the exhaust from rubbing on the bulkheads?

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 am How you keep the exhaust from rubbing on the bulkheads?
You mean on the penetrations? The Vetus installation instructions show them only being secured with zip ties. I'll probably build some stand off brackets isolated with some 1/8" rubber and stainless hose clamps. I'd like it to all be removable if necessary.
Yours Aye! Rick

fallguy1000

Post by fallguy1000 »

Knottybuoyz wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:16 am
fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:08 am How you keep the exhaust from rubbing on the bulkheads?
You mean on the penetrations? The Vetus installation instructions show them only being secured with zip ties. I'll probably build some stand off brackets isolated with some 1/8" rubber and stainless hose clamps. I'd like it to all be removable if necessary.
Yeah. It might vibrate is all and create some unwanted noise. Lot of that risk in my boat.

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

fallguy1000 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 am Yeah. It might vibrate is all and create some unwanted noise. Lot of that risk in my boat.
I was considering gluing and taping in the fiberglass 90's. Dunno how well that would work. Plenty of isolation of the pipe sections with hose connections.
Yours Aye! Rick

Knottybuoyz
Very Active Poster
Very Active Poster

Post by Knottybuoyz »

Got the tanks back from the fabricator yesterday. $$$ :roll: Anyhow all the mods I needed are good. Few days of dry fitting, cleats etc. and then some prep for paint in those areas.

Standby...
Yours Aye! Rick

terrulian
* Bateau Builder *
* Bateau Builder *

Post by terrulian »

8)
Tony